What's new

Tobacco Tin Lid Date???

Jagdpanther

Sr. Member
Joined
Jun 22, 2005
Messages
315
Reaction score
3
Golden Thread
0
Location
The Edge
Any idea of how old this is?
 

Attachments

  • august6 019.webp
    august6 019.webp
    107.4 KB · Views: 10,417
I remember them like that back in the 70s and 80s, before the plastic cans they had was wax covered cardbard cans with metal lids on most smokeless tobacco. I guess the same type lids were on the glass snuff jars too, I remember my great grandmother and her snuff. :D
 
Upvote 0
My grandmother was a snuff dipper too! But she bought hers in about an 8 ounce water glass with a picture of two scotty dogs, one white , the other black. It was called Scotty Snuff which was appropriate I guess. She used a wooden icecream spoon to take a dip and fill her lip. Hey that rhymes! She said she started when she was 12 and lived to be 89. I well remember the spit cup she always kept close. Heck I thought all grannies dipped snuff. But she never smoked and said smoking was a nasty habit! :dontknow: I think your lid is from Skoal or one of the other smokeless tobacco products. I don't think it is very old though. Monty
 
Upvote 0
Skoal! I mean Congrates! For the Skoal!
 
Upvote 0
PBK said:
Notice that this one was pegged immediately by us Arkies and Okies! :thumbsup: :D

I didn't notice this at first, but .... :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7:
 
Upvote 0
This company also made Copenhagen snuff. Could be a lid off a can of Cope. Probably
less than 20 years old. The town I live in was once said to be the Copenhagen capital
of the world, this was reported in Life magazine. More Copenhagen snuff was sold &
used in this mill town than anywhere in the world. What a claim to fame, huh.
 
Upvote 0
I could think of skoal but I couldn't think of coppenhagen to save my life! Yeah, the Okie cowboys all have a round worn spot on their back pocket of their Levis from packing around that stuff. I tried it once and puked for an hour. I can't stand the smell or taste of wintergreen to this day! Monty
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom