What's new

Tobacco Tin?

Garabaldi

Bronze Member
Joined
Jun 28, 2009
Messages
2,382
Reaction score
100
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Whites M6, Whites Pulse Diver, ETRAC.
I thing this is a tobacco tin, whith some tobacco still in it. If so any have info on how old it may be? :dontknow:
Thank you.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_1335.webp
    IMG_1335.webp
    32 KB · Views: 338
  • IMG_1336.webp
    IMG_1336.webp
    31.6 KB · Views: 332
  • IMG_1337.webp
    IMG_1337.webp
    21.9 KB · Views: 336
  • IMG_1338.webp
    IMG_1338.webp
    31.9 KB · Views: 330
  • IMG_1339.webp
    IMG_1339.webp
    29.7 KB · Views: 334
Probably too old to smoke :-\
 
Upvote 0
I don't think it's a tobaco tin, not with those two holes in the side. It may have been semi-domed before it was crushed, and the holes suggest it was attached to something, maybe a brass bed frame?
 
Upvote 0
I think I see three holes?If so it could be a scale pan.
 
Upvote 0
My mom had small copper planters that were hung on the front porch They were held by 3 small chains. I'm not sure if that's what this one is. just a thought
 
Upvote 0
Only two holes. The other hole your looking at is a puncture.
 
Upvote 0
Looks like two holes in the unbent part. Are you sure it isn't a 3rd hole on the bent part?
 

Attachments

  • 3rdhole.webp
    3rdhole.webp
    26.4 KB · Views: 253
Upvote 0
I did a TON of lids and caps that are full of grasses and roots... I would not think that is tabacco at all.

I agree with johnnyi that it's a cap or cover, not a tin or tin-lid.
 
Upvote 0
You are correct there is three holes. My bad on that one. It could be grass in it also. I think its a cap also. :icon_thumleft:
 
Upvote 0
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom