What's new

Today I found a national treasure!

Sandog

Bronze Member
Joined
Nov 27, 2017
Messages
2,218
Reaction score
5,573
Golden Thread
0
Location
Treasure coast
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Going down US 1 on my way home today I spotted a real national treasure on the side of the road. I hurried home, grabbed my camera, and returned to the location.

That is US1. Can you spot the national treasure?
DSCN5538.webp

Had to park a little ways off and started shooting photos as I walked quickly along the highway to get a good angle before the treasure disappeared.
DSCN5537.webpDSCN5545.webpDSCN5545.webp
Dodged a few cars and ran across the four lanes to get some better shots.
DSCN5549.webpDSCN5550.webp
Finally got in a good spot before they took off.
DSCN5546.webp
DSCN5547.webp

They either took off after some fish in the lake across the road, or just got tired of posing for me.
DSCN5554.webpDSCN5556.webpDSCN5556-A.webp
Their nest is just around the corner on the road we live on, and they return every year, just like the other northerners, and raise a young or two. This is the first time I've seen two together like this. I'll be watching the nest for some young, and will post photos if possible. Thanks for looking at this, my best find in a while.
 
Upvote 39
Going down US 1 on my way home today I spotted a real national treasure on the side of the road. I hurried home, grabbed my camera, and returned to the location.

That is US1. Can you spot the national treasure?View attachment 2229619
Had to park a little ways off and started shooting photos as I walked quickly along the highway to get a good angle before the treasure disappeared.
View attachment 2229620View attachment 2229621View attachment 2229622
Dodged a few cars and ran across the four lanes to get some better shots.
View attachment 2229623View attachment 2229624
Finally got in a good spot before they took off.
View attachment 2229625View attachment 2229626
They either took off after some fish in the lake across the road, or just got tired of posing for me.
View attachment 2229628View attachment 2229629View attachment 2229630
Their nest is just around the corner on the road we live on, and they return every year, just like the other northerners, and raise a young or two. This is the first time I've seen two together like this. I'll be watching the nest for some young, and will post photos if possible. Thanks for looking at this, my best find in a while.
Beautiful bird.
 
Beautiful birds, I used to see one siting atop a pavilion at the end of a pier where I detect . I haven’t seen it this year though.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_4223.webp
    IMG_4223.webp
    129 KB · Views: 44
I seen two of them. WOW what a nice picture :)Thank you for bringing a smile to my face :)
 
Going down US 1 on my way home today I spotted a real national treasure on the side of the road. I hurried home, grabbed my camera, and returned to the location.

That is US1. Can you spot the national treasure?View attachment 2229619
Had to park a little ways off and started shooting photos as I walked quickly along the highway to get a good angle before the treasure disappeared.
View attachment 2229620View attachment 2229621View attachment 2229622
Dodged a few cars and ran across the four lanes to get some better shots.
View attachment 2229623View attachment 2229624
Finally got in a good spot before they took off.
View attachment 2229625View attachment 2229626
They either took off after some fish in the lake across the road, or just got tired of posing for me.
View attachment 2229628View attachment 2229629View attachment 2229630
Their nest is just around the corner on the road we live on, and they return every year, just like the other northerners, and raise a young or two. This is the first time I've seen two together like this. I'll be watching the nest for some young, and will post photos if possible. Thanks for looking at this, my best find in a while.
Nice Pictures!
 
I actually did spot the "bird" on the top of the pole, because there wasn't much else in the photo to focus on as far as Treasures go. I figured it would be an Eagle and enjoyed seeing the closer pics that you took, especially the last two.
 
Ya got some rare & clear photos of em! Wife & I found a nest this summer with a pair of adults and one was feeding the babies. I've noticed that the eagles are making a comeback, at least here in north Miss. We saw an eagle couple last month at Pickwick State Park. Good signs!
 
Fanstastic photos! they are a beautiful birda and national mascot! Thank you so much for sharing. When I was working my rural mail route here in northeastern Oregon I would occassionally have the Bald eagles nest in trees along my route. I never had a camera with me, I guess I was too stupid to carry it in my car! Haven't been out along those routes much since I retired twemty years ago.
 
It's wonderful they are making a comeback. There are at least six breeding pairs locally along the Chenango River in NY. Hopefully the EPA gets resumed funding and staffing and we don't go back to the dark ages of environmental rape for profit and unregulated spraying that destroyed them in the 50's and 60's. Just say'n.
 
I actually did spot the "bird" on the top of the pole, because there wasn't much else in the photo to focus on as far as Treasures go. I figured it would be an Eagle and enjoyed seeing the closer pics that you took, especially the last two.
You've got the old eagle eye.
 
Great shots! Last spring I was following one around for a photo but it was not very photogenic lol. Got a crummy zoomed in photo eventually. End of the hunt I ended up finding a one piece eagle A button no far from where the eagle was perched before it left for the river. A strange coincidence for sure.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom