Today I hunted a soccer field in Arlington...

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I always thought I might have a twin out there...:)

46Wheat

Silver Member
May 23, 2014
Upstate NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac / Equinox 800 / 8.5x11 DD and 5x8 DD coil /
Garrett ProPointer / Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yup had those share of days myself

OP
OP
C

Claire98909

Jul 4, 2014
Cambridge, MA
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Fisher F4
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Did you hunt the sidelines or the playing field?

Sidelines. To be fair I don't think many people congregate where I was looking. I was afraid of getting in trouble and/or being approached by people, so I hunted the very farthest side of the field towards the woods. I suppose some people might watch the games from there, but I would have had much better luck hunting the sidelines over by the parking lot instead.

Here's the field; the red diamonds are where I hunted:

Screen Shot 2015-05-08 at 9.44.39 PM.png

Last edited:

digger27

Bronze Member
May 18, 2011
You gotta get into the more busy areas plus the paths that lead to the parking lots.
I think you picked the least used areas in the complex from what I can guess.
Who wants to be near the woods and all those mosquitoes in the summer?
Either you are allowed to hunt the sidelines of these fields or you're not.
If you are not you shouldn't be there and go find another place to hunt.
If you are just make neat holes and reap the rewards.
I hunted one complex earlier this year with many of these fields and there was no issues.
Talked to several of the park workers and they had no problems with me as long as I stayed off the fields during playing season.
I found a ton of clad in several visits, lots of silver jewelry, a titanium wedding ring and even a fake token that has some history because it is fake.
Amazing I didn't find gold there but I just didn't get my coil over it at that site...yet.
The first two pics and the last one with the $5 Bill are just some of the targets from the sidelines of a couple of hunts.
Notice the large amount of dimes, quarters and nickels.

The middle two pics are from only 2 hunts around a new complex I am just starting to visit.
More than 15 full size fields at this site, this is just what I found in 5 hours hunting time...about 1.5 hours the first hunt cut short due to a downpour, 3.5 hours on the second hunt in the now muddy conditions.
I hit the sidelines of only a couple of these fields because I was just getting the lay of the land so not much gridding going on here yet.
Again a huge amount of quarters, dimes and nickels, the cents are mostly copper because I avoided most zincoln signals.
Just too many other better targets to dig here so I will leave all those zincolns for another day after I have drained this place...a couple of them could be small silver jewelry pieces so who knows.
I found silver on each one of my first two hunts so what I am really aiming for is hopefully here also...gold!
Close to $15 in clad in 5 hours hunt time, precious metal too and I have barely touched the surface of this area.

Have confidence, ask someone if it is ok to hunt if you are not sure or hunt the more populated areas and I am sure someone will tell you to go if you are not pretty quickly.
If this happens just say sorry, you didn't know and move on but most cities allow sideline hunting from what I have read and seen.
If you are allowed you might not believe what it might be possible to find.

Attachments

• PicsArt_1431168700941.jpg
    PicsArt_1431168700941.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 66
  • PicsArt_1431168719615.jpg
    PicsArt_1431168719615.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 66
  • PicsArt_1431168754353.jpg
    PicsArt_1431168754353.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 68
  • PicsArt_1431168772381.jpg
    PicsArt_1431168772381.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 73
  • PicsArt_1431168542228.jpg
    PicsArt_1431168542228.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 70
Last edited:
OP
OP
C

Claire98909

Jul 4, 2014
Cambridge, MA
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Fisher F4
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You gotta get into the more busy areas plus the paths that lead to the parking lots.
I think you picked the least used areas in the complex from what I can guess.
Who wants to be near the woods and all those mosquitoes in the summer?
Either you are allowed to hunt the sidelines of these fields or you're not.
If you are not you shouldn't be there and go find another place to hunt.
If you are just make neat holes and reap the rewards.
I hunted one complex earlier this year with many of these fields and there was no issues.
Talked to several of the park workers and they had no problems with me as long as I stayed off the fields during playing season.
I found a ton of clad in several visits, lots of silver jewelry, a titanium wedding ring and even a fake token that has some history because it is fake.
Amazing I didn't find gold there but I just didn't get my coil over it at that site...yet.
The first two pics and the last one with the $5 Bill are just some of the targets from the sidelines of a couple of hunts.
Notice the large amount of dimes, quarters and nickels.

The middle two pics are from only 2 hunts around a new complex I am just starting to visit.
More than 15 full size fields at this site, this is just what I found in 5 hours hunting time...about 1.5 hours the first hunt cut short due to a downpour, 3.5 hours on the second hunt in the now muddy conditions.
I hit the sidelines of only a couple of these fields because I was just getting the lay of the land so not much gridding going on here yet.
Again a huge amount of quarters, dimes and nickels, the cents are mostly copper because I avoided most zincoln signals.
Just too many other better targets to dig here so I will leave all those zincolns for another day after I have drained this place...a couple of them could be small silver jewelry pieces so who knows.
I found silver on each one of my first two hunts so what I am really aiming for is hopefully here also...gold!
Close to $15 in clad in 5 hours hunt time, precious metal too and I have barely touched the surface of this area.

Have confidence, ask someone if it is ok to hunt if you are not sure or hunt the more populated areas and I am sure someone will tell you to go if you are not pretty quickly.
If this happens just say sorry, you didn't know and move on but most cities allow sideline hunting from what I have read and seen.
If you are allowed you might not believe what it might be possible to find.

Thanks for the tips! Those are some neat pics!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions