Jun 30, 2013
Hudson Valley, NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Infinium
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Fourth time out for my partner and I MDing. Went back to a previous boarding house that yielded one silver and a very early calvary scabbard last week, among some other stuff.

Today we found two Walking Liberty Half dollars (one each), six Mercury silver dimes(one me, 5 him), one buffalo nickel, two broken lead toy indians, Zippo lighter (not old), a number of Wheaties and some clad. Woo Hoo!!!!!:icon_thumright:

The boarding house had bedrooms in one house, and the kitchen and showers in a seperate building. we spent the better part of six hours in the area between the two, and possible outside hanging out locations ( think beer drinking and poker in 1930. No electric means outside in the summer). The silver gave us strange and weak signals, and there is a lot of similar signals we didn't dig. There is also a number of nails,copper flashing pieces, etc. We'll go back when the grass heals. Don't want to anger the homeowner, so we just can't dig every 10".

Also in the mix is a copper??? button. How can we determine age?

GEDC0031.JPG GEDC0026.JPG GEDC0029.JPG GEDC0044.JPG GEDC0046.JPG GEDC0033.JPG GEDC0034.JPG

Upvote 4

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wow! a day like that makes todays miserable heat not so bad i bet!

mdmaniac

Jun 23, 2013
Detector(s) used
Fisher F4--first detector 6/2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds...for real! I been working too much to hunt but I will get out Monday...HH

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector_searching.gif
Nice finds especially when you can relater history with the location Tidajo. Thanks for sharing...

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread