silvercop said:
hey coinmojo it appears by the number of your post that you have been on this board a while, and longer than i have. you should remember LJ. she would get 25 rolls per week. easy .i am not complaining because i am happy for every coin i get but what i was saying was is since i took out a 5K loan to coin hunt with and since i am making monthly payments on the interest, i was hoping to get better results than what i have gotten so far. the kind of results LJ had. like i said i am still trying
Yes I have seen the woman we call LJ. She is somewhat of a phenom around here. I think she scooped up all the silver that was sitting on the pallets and shortly after her volume searching, starting getting the bulk of her dumps returned to her with a few recent silver dumps mixed in. I'm pretty sure she cleaned her area out. and now is giving it time to repopulate.
I have been doing this for nearly 4 years now and have experienced this myself. Add in the increase of CRH's to the game around here and my numbers are way down. With the exception of a few good months.
I used to get 7 to 25 keepers pretty much everytime i search a box back then. now if I get 1-3 keepers a box I consider myself lucky. more than 20 and my heart skips a beat.
My... our only hope is for new collections getting deposited and making it to us via box's. I'm pretty sure we are just cycling whats on top or what has recently been coming in. Our dumps included.
No need to dig to the bottom of the barrel when the barrel is getting topped off daily.
In order to penetrate deep into the archives, you / we might have to hold on to those dumps to get to the bottom of those pallets. or barrels or however they store them. But that would require a larger investment. If you could hold onto your dumps for a couple of months you would certainly force them to dig deep into the barrel.
But my tagging has shown me that I am getting my dumps back within a short period of time 2-4 months with a couple of silvers mixed in.
That's not saying that someone on the west side isn't getting my dumps, returning them the next day and than a CRH on the south side of town gets my tags, and returns them, and than the east, and north and than back to me.
The Dump banks around here do large volume of coins and Brinks picks up tons of coin weekly from my dump banks. I can assure you that these coins don't sit around very long. How else do you get a 2008 NIFC mixed in with a 1907 Barber.
Brinks does not date their boxes but CWI does, and most of the ones I get around here are only 1 - 2 weeks old.
In a big Metropolitan area like mine. (population 4 million) I'm actually not surprised that I see my tags come back to me since only Brinks and Loomis services my Area.....with over 2500 banks. Just suprised it only took a couple of months.
So I can see I'm not penetrating into any deep vault. but just skimming off the top of the barrel....
Does this make any sense to you?
Mojo