todays 16 boxes

silvercop

Silver Member
Dec 30, 2008
VALLEY ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTA 500
today's 16 boxes

just got finished with this week's 16 loomis boxes. i reduced my volume of loomis boxes last month from 10K a week to 8K a week due to the meager finds and my fees to dump. i have 8K ordered for next week and unless the finds pick up to at least cover the costs of dumping i am going to reduce it again to 5K a week. here are the results for this week.-----out of 16 boxes 15 of them were skunks and the other box gave up one 1964 and one 40%. that's it. i hate to say it but i think it has run dry here in my area. :'( :'( :'( :'(

Upvote 0

Silverminer

May 17, 2010
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Re: today's 16 boxes

silvercop

do you have a lot of small branches that you could hit for customer wrapped coins that are turned. I have had success with dimes close to monthend getting the customer wrapped in smaller branches.

Cheers!

obediah

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2009
Clarksville TN.
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Pro

Boxes are just pathetic all over it appears, I've $9k ordered for next week and I'll say it again if they come in bad I'm outa here till September- will just do the Cold Calls when driving around on my routine travels, hay got 128 other day doing that surely can do it again.

You ever do cold calls?

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008

Sorry to hear about your lack of finds SC.

Goes to show how effective determined (and addicted) CRHers can be in cleaning out the silver coinage in any particular area over time. My area has been cleaned out for a long while. Every now and then you can get a decent box with a dozen or so 40s and maybe a 90 thrown in, but that is rare anymore.

As silver goes up in value, I think more CRHers are gonna be born, even with crappy finds generally speaking.

I bet there are still "virgin" territories out there somewhere in the US. Any new CRHers there will hit it big for a while at least.

Some poster here had a theory about CRHing and supply, broke it down into "tiers". From what I remember it was spot on.

Jim

OP
OP
silvercop

silvercop

Silver Member
Dec 30, 2008
VALLEY ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTA 500

i am kind of limited here on the banks. i live in a small town but have bigger towns down the road. the time comes to be a problem with road trips. i am off most saturdays and around here the banks all close at noon. sundays they are closed all day. another problem i have here is all the mom and pop banks have been taken over by the boa's and such. had several to fail in the area and were all taken over by bb&t and another bank. only one bank in my area has a counter. they have several branches but they rotate all their employees around so much throughout the 9 branches in the area. kind of makes it hard to dump everyweek. i go to different branches but always seem to run into an employee from the branch i dumped at last week. this dump bank has cut me off from any change orders or anything from the tellers. i have asked and they always tell me they don't have any halves. they are really pissed at me. i wish i had access to different banks with counters but right now they have the only game in town, unless you count coinstars. they are here but i avoid them because of the fees.
i have had some great scores and pulled a pile of silver in the past 2 years. thought it would never run dry but i guess it has. one thing that i think has taken a toll on my finds is the vault teller told me a few weeks ago that the loomis office out of columbus georgia services them now. prior to this the loomis office in atlanta was servicing my supply bank. it has been my thoughts that much of what i found came out of coinstars in the atlanta area. just a theory but the loomis boxes went sour when they started out of columbus.

maine_Jim

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2008
Detector(s) used
Ace 350

Hey SC - you may be right with the new distributor and service area. Those coinstars must get some crazy stuff! Some of the people I see dumping in them look like they have no idea what is up with silver and coinage. You have certainly had a run of bad luck! I think I would take a long break from the 16 boxes and still grab the 4 boxes for a while.

Good luck and HH

Maine_Jim

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008

SC,
I don't know how you do it. I think it was around April of last year I was doing road trips for halves and picking up dime boxes. For a change of pace I ordered six boxes of halves, which at the time was the most I had ever ordered. All six were skunks. I swore that I'd never order a half dollar box again,and I didn't for about 2 months.
I posted a while back that I read an article that banks are going to be charging fees for everything starting in July.My reserve banks started dumping fees. 10% if you go over $500.00 in a single day or $1,000.00 total in a month. I dumped $7500.00 today for free, but there is no way I would pay 10% for that.
So if/when the fees come I'm done. I have a have dozen other hobbies that I want to get back into,and new challenging ones that I'd like to try before I get old.
HH
Rich

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro

Switch it up and do nickels for a few months. The silver will filter back in. Give it some time.

Golden Silver

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread