ArkieBassMan
Silver Member
Today's 2 boxes - silver streak at 6
Had a few minutes to kill so I ventured to my old supply bank that used to order me boxes weekly. I've known the branch manager since high school, and made friends with most of the tellers on my weekly visits to get my boxes. They have a coin counter, and will sell me the bags, but only if they are full. My intentions were to visit (just so they don't forget me in case I want to start ordering again someday), and of course grab the bag of halves on the rare chance it would be full. If not, get a bag of dimes and/or maybe even nickels if they had one.
Well, no full bag of halves, but they did have 2 boxes that my friend had ordered for someone else several weeks back but had never been picked up. I really didn't want them. I quit doing boxes due to the fact that I lost 1 of my 2 dump banks, and my finds just did not justify continuing with boxes (40 boxes produced 61 keepers). Anyway, they had always been REALLY nice to me (even would have allowed me to dump there when I was ordering boxes from them - although I didn't - and I don't even have an account!), and I could tell she REALLY wanted to get rid of them, so I took them. Nothing to lose really, and I owed her at least that much for being so nice to me in the past.
I get home, open the first roll (no enders in either box. I have yet to find an ender in ANY denomination), and to my utter amazement, there are 2 40%ers. I have only found 2 boxes with more than 10 keepers with 22 being my best. I'm excited thinking this box should easily surpass 10 keepers. Of course I'm wrong. That first roll was the only roll in either box that contained silver. What are the odds of that??
2 boxes - 2 40%ers. Better than nothing. Hope everyone has a great week! HH!
Had a few minutes to kill so I ventured to my old supply bank that used to order me boxes weekly. I've known the branch manager since high school, and made friends with most of the tellers on my weekly visits to get my boxes. They have a coin counter, and will sell me the bags, but only if they are full. My intentions were to visit (just so they don't forget me in case I want to start ordering again someday), and of course grab the bag of halves on the rare chance it would be full. If not, get a bag of dimes and/or maybe even nickels if they had one.
Well, no full bag of halves, but they did have 2 boxes that my friend had ordered for someone else several weeks back but had never been picked up. I really didn't want them. I quit doing boxes due to the fact that I lost 1 of my 2 dump banks, and my finds just did not justify continuing with boxes (40 boxes produced 61 keepers). Anyway, they had always been REALLY nice to me (even would have allowed me to dump there when I was ordering boxes from them - although I didn't - and I don't even have an account!), and I could tell she REALLY wanted to get rid of them, so I took them. Nothing to lose really, and I owed her at least that much for being so nice to me in the past.
I get home, open the first roll (no enders in either box. I have yet to find an ender in ANY denomination), and to my utter amazement, there are 2 40%ers. I have only found 2 boxes with more than 10 keepers with 22 being my best. I'm excited thinking this box should easily surpass 10 keepers. Of course I'm wrong. That first roll was the only roll in either box that contained silver. What are the odds of that??
2 boxes - 2 40%ers. Better than nothing. Hope everyone has a great week! HH!
Upvote
0








