What's new

Todays 4 boxes Crazy Results.....Barber Ender!

keverett

Hero Member
Joined
Feb 9, 2009
Messages
513
Reaction score
8
Golden Thread
0
Location
The NO town, CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac w/ Sunray X-1 Pro Coil and 10x12 SEF, Tesoro LST
Well the 4 boxes came in today. I have left this bank alone for about 3 months now, in hopes of the silver supply replenishing. I was looking through the boxes for enders, and I just about missed the only one. I found my first Barber, and it was an ender to boot! Believe it or not, the barber was the only silver in the box......

Box 1: 1901 O Barber Half
Box 2: 1-1964, 1-1968:
Box 3: Skunk
Box 4: 2-1964

Also 3 impaired clad proofs.

Not very impressive results, but I did manage to break my skunk streak of boxes, and the Barber was a nice find.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0978.webp
    IMG_0978.webp
    46.7 KB · Views: 477
  • IMG_0979.webp
    IMG_0979.webp
    50.3 KB · Views: 467
  • IMG_0981.webp
    IMG_0981.webp
    66.8 KB · Views: 475
  • IMG_0982.webp
    IMG_0982.webp
    70.8 KB · Views: 468
Upvote 0
Awesome find on the barber, they are hard to come by. One question though, in the roll the mintmark looks like an 'O' but in the next pic it appears to be a 'D'. Something with the lighting?
 
mountainman 2 said:
Awesome find on the barber, they are hard to come by. One question though, in the roll the mintmark looks like an 'O' but in the next pic it appears to be a 'D'. Something with the lighting?

It must be an "O". The Denver mint "D" did not open until 1906.


-ArkhamHouse
 
No cheesy haircut reference? You need to go back and re-read the rules of CRH.
 
KEverett,
That's a great score with the barber! Goes to show you that you never know what you will find.
Great job!
rileyboy
 
mountainman 2 said:
Awesome find on the barber, they are hard to come by. One question though, in the roll the mintmark looks like an 'O' but in the next pic it appears to be a 'D'. Something with the lighting?

The scratches on the reverse make the mint mark look funny, but it is an "O".
 
AGCoinHunter said:
No cheesy haircut reference? You need to go back and re-read the rules of CRH.

Well I didn't want to make a cheesy haircut reference until I found a couple of them. :laughing9: I was too excited about having found my first barber.
 
rileyboy said:
KEverett,
That's a great score with the barber! Goes to show you that you never know what you will find.
Great job!
rileyboy


Thanks, you and Riley predicted that I would make some nice finds! Thanks a lot for sending some of the good vibes my way.
 
Nice score on the Barber :thumbsup:.I'm still looking for my first..
HH..Miner
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom