What's new

Todays 6 Boxes

BBcardsRI

Bronze Member
Joined
May 29, 2008
Messages
1,256
Reaction score
2
Golden Thread
0
Location
Rhode Island
Today's 6 Boxes

Six boxes came in today, and there was not a skunk in the bunch! Though a few came close. ;)

Box 1: 4 - 40% 9 - 64's 2 - Frankies (one of which appears to be a proof that lost a battle with a lawnmower... thought it looked like a plastic coin at first due to the intense chrome like shine) 1 - Walkie-talkie

Box 2: a 79 - S (no silver there) 4 - 40% 3 - 64's 2 - Frankies 1 - Walkie-talkie

Box 3: 1 - 40%

Box 4: 1 - Frankie

Box 5: 3 - 40%

Box 6: 6 - 40% 2 - 64's

TOTALS: 18 - 40% and 21 - 90%


The total of 39 silver from the boxes was about what I expected based on past weeks results. Was very happy to not have a single skunk, and although the total silver was average for me, I was QUITE surprised at the ratio of 90% and also at the amount of non-kennedies found... both of which are much higher than I am used to.

So all and all... a good day. Still waiting on that first dream box though... ;)

~Dave
 
Upvote 0
Re: Today's 6 Boxes

Great finds!! Congrats! Better than my two skunk boxes today.....
Which kind boxes do you get? CWI or brinks?

Joe
 
Re: Today's 6 Boxes

BBcardsRI said:
Six boxes came in today, and there was not a skunk in the bunch! Though a few came close. ;)
The total of 39 silver from the boxes was about what I expected based on past weeks results.

. Still waiting on that first dream box though... ;)

~Dave

Dave,

With my average over the past 9 months being 1 silver coin per 12 boxes searched, I say those ARE dream boxes!!

And the only reason my average is one per 12 boxes is because I had one good box. Otherwise it would look much more dismal. LOL. But, I put together numerous sets, I found some silver in loose and rolled halves, and I"m having fun. PLus i have about 8 proofs and 70 NIFCs. So I'm okay. But I search boxes rarely now, and do more pennies because of that average.

But those boxes are not "ho hum" Dude, those are GREAT. Be happy for them! :-D
 
Re: Today's 6 Boxes

I'm guessing that someone in my area (Detroit) must've bought out everything, as all I ever got here was marked coins and casino halves scince March of '08.

Did manage to get 1 Walker and 1 40% out of 8000 halves before I quit.

AMC
 
Re: Today's 6 Boxes

Sorry to hear that ya'll aren't having much success.

I didn't mean to sound glum about my finds, I was quite happy with them as a matter of fact.

The dream box I said I am hoping for is in reference to the people who post about getting 50-125 silver keepers in a single box. And most of those seem to come from only ordering a box or two a week.

Some day my time will come... =)

~Dave
 
Re: Today's 6 Boxes

AMC rulz said:
I'm guessing that someone in my area (Detroit) must've bought out everything, as all I ever got here was marked coins and casino halves scince March of '08.

Did manage to get 1 Walker and 1 40% out of 8000 halves before I quit.

AMC

I think the rest of the country's rejects have made their way to Michigan. Last week I got a really dirty 1969 and a beat up 73-S clad proof, besides those my finds have been dismal. And nope it was not me getting down to the Detroit area. I also did not pick up any boxes this week.

Scott (MI)
 
Re: Today's 6 Boxes

Congrats on an excellent day Dave! Gotta love that 90% count.
 
Re: Today's 6 Boxes

Thanks a lot all!

Planned on going through another 6 boxes today but didn't get a call from either of the banks which were expecting them to come in today and I was too busy with other stuff to bother calling THEM about it. I'll probably ring them up tomorrow.

I brought that Frankie that I thought was a proof to my coin/jewelry guy since I had to go there anyway, and he said it was definately a proof. I was pretty sure, but having never found a frankie proof, let alone any non-S proof, I had to ask to be 100 percent sure. The shine on the thing is IMMENSE. It would be such a gorgeous coin if not for the TON of light surface scratching/scuffing. Watchya gonna do...

~Dave
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom