What's new

Todays 8 Boxes of Halves

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Joined
Nov 27, 2008
Messages
4,291
Reaction score
5
Golden Thread
0
Today's 8 Boxes of Halves

Got some good news and some bad news.
The bad news is that this weeks 8 boxes were the worst I've ever had from this bank since I started my weekly order in October of 2009.
Three skunk boxes and 10 keepers.
1x WLH
9x 40%
Now for the good news.
I'll never get boxes that bad again from this particular bank.
They cut me off !
Looks like Scooba,Ugotit, and I are going to have to hit the banks on road trips,when the weather breaks.
Can't really complain because we took them for a big pile of silver :laughing7:
HH
Rich
 
Upvote 0
Re: Today's 8 Boxes of Halves

Sorry to hear that! But on the other hand, any of you ever bring treats to the girls?
 
Re: Today's 8 Boxes of Halves

Sorry to hear that you are getting cut off from a supply bank. That must hurt!

Do you have a back up supplier?

How did the bank handle it, and what did they say?
 
Re: Today's 8 Boxes of Halves

Yinzi50 said:
Sorry to hear that! But on the other hand, any of you ever bring treats to the girls?
[/quote

all the time
 
Re: Today's 8 Boxes of Halves

Well, at least you got some good silver for face from them.
-I'll admit, I don't bring any treats for my tellers. But then again, I don't really do halves nor do I do the volume of others. I'm sure it wouldn't hurt though, maybe it would bring good karma :dontknow: IDK.
 
Re: Today's 8 Boxes of Halves

Rich,

When this happened to me, I simply called around to other branches of the same bank until I found one that would continue to order for me. Worked like a charm!
 
Re: Today's 8 Boxes of Halves

imo those are still pretty awesome boxes! id kill for 1 per box average! also, good luck on finding a new supplier, sorry to hear that you were cut off :(
 
Re: Today's 8 Boxes of Halves

Its fitting that the "last" 90%er was a Walker! :icon_thumleft:

But something tells me that a cagey ol' veteran CRHer like yourself will figure something out! :wink:
 
Re: Today's 8 Boxes of Halves

Arkiebassman is correct. You will figure out a way to get those boxes. Veteran CRHrs know the ropes. :laughing7:

apush :read2:
 
Re: Today's 8 Boxes of Halves

Rich...sorry about your bank!! WOW!!!!!! I know you'll work it out some how!
 
Re: Today's 8 Boxes of Halves

Rich, Sorry to hear that. Hope you and Scooba can figure something out.
rileyboy
 
Re: Today's 8 Boxes of Halves

Bummer Rich - glad you are taking it well. You had a good run there. The writing is on the wall I guess for some of us long-timers. You hit the banks long enough and either you will drain the vein or they will tire of hauling the halves after the 3rd or 4th pallet from the fed has to be ordered by the distributor.

Maine_Jim
 
Re: Today's 8 Boxes of Halves

That stinks Rich, hopefully you can start scoring big again by doing some road trips! I think all of us here would love to know your estimate of how much silver your recovered over the years. Any rough guess as I think you may have said you never kept official statistics.

HH,

$ilver$urfer :hello:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom