Todays 8 boxes of Halves

Re: Today's 8 boxes of Halves

WormtownFJR said:
Rich Hartford said:
Hi Ho Silver! said:
Everyone jumped down my throat when I brought up the subject of being cut off but I can see now I was right.

No you are still wrong :laughing7:"Faint heart never won fair lady"
HH
Rich

Rich, while I do enjoy reading your totals, I think your absolutely wrong on this. I have had standing orders with multiple banks for three years; usually 2 boxes, which seem to be acceptable to tellers. It is my belief we CRHers need to tread softly as possible. I've never been cut off from a bank. I can't believe your tellers aren't shooting you the evil eye no matter how charming you might be. Eight boxes is 203.2 pounds for Christ's sake.
The tellers never touched the boxes. They were carried in by the couriers. If you've read my past posts,the tellers would let me into the vault, and I'd pick up the boxes and carry them out 101.6 pounds at a time. There was someone that ordered 2 boxes a week and another who ordered 4 boxes a week. They got cut off a month before me. I was not happy about this because I liked to look through the holes in their boxes for enders. :laughing7:
Too many people tread through life softly as possible. You have to stomp around a bit, it feels good.
HH
Rich

gotgot said:
Me personally I'm just disgusted that people are ordering ridiculous amounts of coin. It's killing off everyone's supply.
Most bank tellers are female and not robustly built. For what they get paid, to use them like a stevedore shoveling coin into our greedy hands, its probably the 2nd most problematic aspect of coin roll hunting (first being that using gasoline to hunt means you are sending money to people who want to kill us).

gotgot,
You sound like you are disgusted because you have a bellyfull of gotgot. Down a bottle of prune juice and the feeling of disgust will subside. :laughing7:
Seriously though, worrying about what other people do or have is a big waste of time. Better to use that time to go out and find some silver.
HH
Rich

gotgot said:
Me personally I'm just disgusted that people are ordering ridiculous amounts of coin. It's killing off everyone's supply.
Most bank tellers are female and not robustly built. For what they get paid, to use them like a stevedore shoveling coin into our greedy hands, its probably the 2nd most problematic aspect of coin roll hunting (first being that using gasoline to hunt means you are sending money to people who want to kill us).

??? :icon_scratch:

gotgot,
You sound like you are disgusted because you have a bellyfull of gotgot. Down a bottle of prune juice and the feeling of disgust will subside. :laughing7:
Seriously though, worrying about what other people do or have is a big waste of time. Better to use that time to go out and find some silver.
HH
Rich

Couldnt agree more Rich. My business is my business.

I'm not really surprised that this is happening. More than a year ago, I was told by a teller at Chase that they couldn't order halves or large dollars as Chase considers both coins as "non-circulating coin". She even tried to order halves and the computer system just reset the order amount back to 0, so it wasn't her policy, it was definitely the banks. She tried to call in an order of halves and was told "no".

Scott

You have to stomp around a bit, it feels good.
HH
Rich
[/quote]

It feels good...til you get cut off...right? Cause if getting cut off felt good you wouldn't be on this board complaining about it.

G

I think if people start ordering amounts that tellers consider inconvenient and the tellers and or bank managers are able to turn down further requests, they will. That happened to me, too. Only one branch of 4 I was using will still order for me. Now, I am careful to keep it low key and not ask too much. It's just common sense.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back