What's new

Todays and yesterdays finds

Jpowers_aub

Tenderfoot
Joined
Jan 1, 2016
Messages
4
Reaction score
11
Golden Thread
0
Location
Auburn, NY
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found item patented exactly 139 years ago today.

Hunted my girlfriends fathers yard for a couple hours and found a 37 wheatie and a st Christopher pendant,a neat hinge and some sort of mystery jewelry item. Looks like a broach or something? image.webp

Today I hit up an area in the woods near my tree stand where I noticed a ton of broken pottery that I've been meaning to detect for awhile,found a couple neat items.image.webpimage.webp

Not necessarily a cool find but this items patent date is April 10th 1877, exactly 139 years ago today!image.webpimage.webp
 
Last edited:
Upvote 18
That last item is a wick adjuster for an oil lamp. The other two ornate items look like sides to a treadle sewing machine. Glad you could get out. Snow stopped me
 
Last edited:
The spot I was detecting looked like an old hobo encampment. A lot of broken liquor bottles and barrels with bullet holes. Going back soon to see what else I can find.
 
Also Congrats on the finds. What I find fun about MDing (I'm new to it). Is that I will never know how the items ever came to rest in there current location. Like your lantern wick adjuster. How in the world did it get there, and what kind of story could it tell.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom