Breezie
Gold Member
- Joined
- Oct 3, 2009
- Messages
- 6,278
- Reaction score
- 2,120
- Golden Thread
- 1
- Location
- North Carolina
- 🥇 Banner finds
- 1
- Detector(s) used
- White's DFX & Spectrum~Garrett's Pro-Pointer~VibraProbe
- Primary Interest:
- Metal Detecting
Today's Civil War Finds & CW Mysteries + STRANGE coin disk
Hey Ya'll, Today I worked an area where a Southern mansion/plantation house was once built. The top row I knew immediately what they were, but the bottom row is a total mystery, plus there is a super strange coin/disk. From Left to Right: CW Sword/Knapsack Rivet, CW Knapsack Ring, 2 Harmonica blades, Bennington Clay Marble, CW Flat Button with GREAT patina, and a CW metal button. Bottom Row Mysteries: #1 This coin or disk is completely smooth; there is absolutely no trace of anything embossed on it. It has a nice red patina. I'm assumingn it is brass or copper. #2 This looks like a Wax Seal to me. It is made of Lead and is complete, and not broken off of anything else. The foot looking thingie is off-set from the bottom base. #3 This cog looking piece could be a Spur Rowel, but not sure. It is fairly thick, and not bendable at all. It was in the same hole as the Lead Foot/Seal thing, and the last item showing. The Bennington marble also came out of this hole. #4 This dome shaped item is thin and bendable and was next to the cog thingie. Any help on ID-ing would be appreciated. Thanks, Breezie
Hey Ya'll, Today I worked an area where a Southern mansion/plantation house was once built. The top row I knew immediately what they were, but the bottom row is a total mystery, plus there is a super strange coin/disk. From Left to Right: CW Sword/Knapsack Rivet, CW Knapsack Ring, 2 Harmonica blades, Bennington Clay Marble, CW Flat Button with GREAT patina, and a CW metal button. Bottom Row Mysteries: #1 This coin or disk is completely smooth; there is absolutely no trace of anything embossed on it. It has a nice red patina. I'm assumingn it is brass or copper. #2 This looks like a Wax Seal to me. It is made of Lead and is complete, and not broken off of anything else. The foot looking thingie is off-set from the bottom base. #3 This cog looking piece could be a Spur Rowel, but not sure. It is fairly thick, and not bendable at all. It was in the same hole as the Lead Foot/Seal thing, and the last item showing. The Bennington marble also came out of this hole. #4 This dome shaped item is thin and bendable and was next to the cog thingie. Any help on ID-ing would be appreciated. Thanks, Breezie
Breezie
Kudos on the photoshop too! Now, what do you make of the lead piece? I've googled Antique Wax Seals, but none look like this one.
LOL at the Turkey! Kudos Creskol on the Photoshop, but remind me not to eat Thanksgiving dinner with you this year. I have agreeing comments on the other posts, but am headed out now to detect the same area and will reply when I get back late this afternoon. Good Luck to ya'll today; I hope everyone finds the 'likes o'f the Hope Diamond!!! Breezie
just a thought
also the dome thingy :P looks like like part of a bycycle bell 







