What's new

Todays dimes & Quarters

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Joined
Nov 27, 2008
Messages
4,291
Reaction score
5
Golden Thread
0
Today's dimes & Quarters

Found a new dump bank that does not take halves,so I figured I send them some action.
I haven't searched any dimes or quarters this year so I picked up $1,000.00 in handrolls, most of which were quarters.
Skunked out on the quarters and only picked up a single Rosie on the dimes. Still I had a great time searching them,and dumping them right away.
Have a Happy Easter !
Rich
 
Upvote 0
Re: Today's dimes & Quarters

Leave it to the good 'ol dimes to save you from a flat out skunk!! The only reason I like hr dimes is because of the chance of a solid roll. You had fun, that's why I do it. ffd
 
Re: Today's dimes & Quarters

I wish I could do dimes. My eyes really can't take it. I turn half a century this summer and guess I better go get those prescription glasses. The over the counter cheepies ain't doing it anymore.

One silver is better than nada!

apush
 
Re: Today's dimes & Quarters

apush said:
I wish I could do dimes. My eyes really can't take it. I turn half a century this summer and guess I better go get those prescription glasses. The over the counter cheepies ain't doing it anymore.

One silver is better than nada!

apush

Apush get yourself a pair of those hobby glasses. They are cheap, and work great. Half a century! Wow! I passed that, but it hasn't hit home yet.
HH
Rich
 
Re: Today's dimes & Quarters

I'm new so bear with me..... Do I want handrolls over machine rolls? I've been through a LOT over the past week and come up with nothing. Saw some machine rolls were all 2008 new dimes.....
 
Re: Today's dimes & Quarters

kd5txx said:
I'm new so bear with me..... Do I want handrolls over machine rolls? I've been through a LOT over the past week and come up with nothing. Saw some machine rolls were all 2008 new dimes.....
There is no rhyme or reason to dimes. Some will say handrolls, others will say boxes. ffd
 
Re: Today's dimes & Quarters

Hand or machine rolled dimes pretty even for me. Just feel them for obvious short or pennies if u can.
 
Re: Today's dimes & Quarters

still, better than nothing, right? also, it's even more silver to add to the stash. :icon_thumleft:
 
Re: Today's dimes & Quarters

kd5txx said:
I'm new so bear with me..... Do I want handrolls over machine rolls? I've been through a LOT over the past week and come up with nothing. Saw some machine rolls were all 2008 new dimes.....

It's very possible to get a skunk box of dimes,then again you can hit the jackpot by getting a full box of 2009"s
In every $250.00 of handrolled dimes you will pretty much always catch silver,but you will certainly get short rolls and foreign. Then again it's possible to get a solid roll, although it is very rare, and has never happened to me.
I've gone through at least 350,000 dimes, boxes, handrolls, and bags. The oldest came from boxes. Handrolls produced more keepers,but not by a lot. Bags produced the least, but I never got skunked on a bag.
HH
Rich
PS I forgot to mention that I like your avatar !
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom