What's new

Todays Find in Dry Beach Sand

CSMPEREZ

Sr. Member
Joined
Sep 9, 2012
Messages
398
Reaction score
299
Golden Thread
0
Location
St. Pete, FL
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000 and II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Today's Find in Dry Beach Sand

I found this nice earring in the dry sand. The weathermen got it wrong again. Suppose to be calm seas and I found 4 foot swells and white caps up to 100 meters off shore. Too much sea weed to get in the water.
It had a stamp inside that had 925, 18K and either AZ or A2. It was hard to read. Couldn't figure that part out. Not positive if a real pearl, looks like a layer was peeling off. Had to gorilla glue it back on the post.
Good morning with the usual nickels, dimes and pennies. Good 3 hour hunt!
Earing 5-8-13.webp
 
Upvote 0
metal_detector_searching.gif
Nice finds CSMPEREZ!
 
A stamp of .925 and 18K indicates that the ring is made with both sterling silver and 18 karat gold.
A2 indicates the grade of the pearl
Nice find!
 
Heck, I consider any time I can get out and hunt a fun hunt whether I find anything or not. Nice find Les.:icon_thumleft:
 
CSMPEREZ, that is a very nice earring find...I like the style...classy!:icon_thumleft:

Lorraine
 
Nice find - silver and gold.

I'm with Sandman any day you can get out to hunt is a good day, but some hunts are better than others.

HH,

Pete
 
Nice find CSMPEREZ. LOOKALOT that is great info on the markings. I did not know that pearls had a grading system that was stamped into the jewelry. Thanks.
 
Thanks Look, my cousin Les was right about the pearls!!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom