What's new

Today's Find. No Metal but Thought I would Share

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Joined
Mar 1, 2016
Messages
3,689
Reaction score
8,247
Golden Thread
1
Location
Port Huron MI
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils
Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable)
Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I have mostly got settled in Utah now. Decided to do a bit of exploring since I saw a sign along the highway that said Sand Wash boat ramp. Silly me thought I would find a beautiful body of water that I haven't seen.

So I get off the highway and onto a back country road. That road turned to dirt and it kept going and going and going! I ended up at the Green river. No sand there just clay muck. No boat ramp and a dead end road in Desolation Canyon. The road I was on was 35 miles long. How anyone could possibly take a boat on it let alone launch it I have absolutely no clue. The last picture is of my truck at the end of the road.

Beautiful scenery but a FAR CRY from boat ramps in Michigan! I did find a place to detect though but it is very close to the town I live in. As soon as a nicer day hits I will try this beach.




















 
Upvote 46
That hole is where they fill the lake up, watch out the water comes on there. Have fun exploring watch out for new cridders your not used to?
 
You shared some amazing treasures with us by showing us your pics thank you, I would give that cabin a go just for some artifacts.That cave actually looks like a mine.
 
Doug, I saw a few caves. Some are pretty far up the mountain sides. I plan on scoping some out though. I didn't have a flashlight or a detector with me this trip. I will be having fun here for sure. Went to a lake today. Water was crystal clear. Saw a few rainbow and cutthroat trout. I will take a few more pictures as soon as I can. There is treasure to find here.

Yeah I could tell its a ways up, I guess they put them up there for a reason and ease of access was not it.
Easy for me to say "Go forth and climb !", but I have doubts if it would be very wise for 1 guy to tackle a project like that.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom