What's new

Todays finds..whoa nelly..

BttleDiggerDrew

Full Member
Joined
Aug 12, 2010
Messages
189
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Location
Rockland County, NY
After wading through multiflora bushs this morning, I found a ton of bottle, 1 milk glass (not pictured), 1 tiny perfume (not pictured), many preserve jars and what appear to be soda bottles...This picture below is just half of what I found, I will post the rest when I am done cleaning them up. :headbang:
 

Attachments

  • Todays finds.webp
    Todays finds.webp
    43.5 KB · Views: 369
sodetraveler said:
Those look like a mix of 1920's to perhaps 1950's bottles. Did you find any BIMALs mixed in with the ABMs?

I may have a few, where I go bottle diggin' is relatively tough due the extremely rockiness of the terrain and the extreme temp. fluctuations. In laymens terms, gotta dig threw the fragments to get to the bottles...lotsa fragments..especially the really good stuff, like blob tops and iron pontils..your digging and you see a iron pontil , then realize its just a shard... :'(
 
Ok, here are some of the jars from today...
 

Attachments

  • Todays jars.webp
    Todays jars.webp
    19.2 KB · Views: 336
  • 1903patent.webp
    1903patent.webp
    20.1 KB · Views: 340
  • Beardsley.webp
    Beardsley.webp
    22.1 KB · Views: 335
  • Oddjar1.webp
    Oddjar1.webp
    12.3 KB · Views: 326
  • OddJar2.webp
    OddJar2.webp
    17.9 KB · Views: 341
....and todays bottles
 

Attachments

  • Bottle 1.webp
    Bottle 1.webp
    8.3 KB · Views: 329
  • TodaysBottles.webp
    TodaysBottles.webp
    16.8 KB · Views: 342
  • Bottle2.webp
    Bottle2.webp
    8.7 KB · Views: 319
  • Bottle3.webp
    Bottle3.webp
    14.3 KB · Views: 323
More to come, But at this moment I want to leave you with this little surprise...its about 2 inchs tall, with a 1 inch base. I am thinking its a perfume bottle, your thoughts?
 

Attachments

  • Littlegem.webp
    Littlegem.webp
    21.2 KB · Views: 326
gleaner1 said:
Drew, just for shts and grins, blast some pics of the broken iron pontiled stuff and blob crap that you are finding. That'll git the glass forum pumping.

Now why would I have pictures of that?..lol
 
gleaner1 said:
Drew, just for shts and grins, blast some pics of the broken iron pontiled stuff and blob crap that you are finding. That'll git the glass forum pumping.

Until I get back to that dump, (maybe tomorrow, if I heal up) I will get a better pic, but for now..this is all I gotz.
 

Attachments

  • BestIGot4now.webp
    BestIGot4now.webp
    62.9 KB · Views: 322
gleaner1 said:
Drew, I'm just bustin' on ya, no offense....I have a passion for broken stuff. It haunts.....

No worries, no offense remotely taken, from wandering around the thicket with barberry and numerous thorned plants being torn to pieces, and finding fractured and shards of bottles...shards aren't my friends today...lol
 
Ketchup,mustard,jelly glasses..

..pickle jars and the purple glass container. Love'em all. That purple one is a doozy. These are similar to what I'm digging out here in Trona,Ca. Your bottles are important for they come from a period where the old meets the new. What I find fascinating is that during this period bottle designs mirror 1800s designs. Machine-made cork stoppered medicine ABM bottles of this period look like mouth blown 1800s bottles except for the mold marks.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom