What's new

Today's finds

Truthseeker411

Full Member
Joined
Sep 23, 2018
Messages
159
Reaction score
831
Golden Thread
0
Location
Eastern North carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
20190831_194020.webp20190831_213154.webp20190831_214014.webp20190831_071432.webp
 
Upvote 0
Strange material I've never seen before. Where was this thing found? Gary
 
Nice finds. Please note at least the state you're finding these points in. It's a big country.
 
Strange material I've never seen before. Where was this thing found? Gary

I believe you mean the dark one? I know what you mean. I believe that's quartzite, but that stuff in weird in that as it weathers it gets that a really slick, glassy look to it. Seems to especially happen to stuff that has been on the surface for awhile. I used to think it was some kind of special quartzite until I went up into the mountains where the Antietan quartzite makes up the tops of the ridges. I found that outcrops exposed to sun, wind and rain were really slick and looked "special", but when I pried open a freeze crack, or broke open a piece laying around, found underneath the same old same old quartzite.
 
Killer finds , that big one is really nice I have a few I found on the shoreline here in Maryland that the material looks very siniliar I think it’s got a layer of sludge /algae stain permanently on its surface , I soaked mine and scrubbed for hours and didn’t see much difference , anyways a really nice point and needle tip
 
Great job love seeing all the different ones on here those are sweeeet
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom