Todays four half boxes

BillyOceansEleven

May 6, 2011
Today's four half boxes

I did four boxes of halves today after a short break. I have had good luck with boxes from this bank in the recent past, although my last set of boxes were nesrly skunks ( 1 40% in 6 boxes). Today was a combination of both: two great boxes and two near skunks.

Box 1:
1 1894 Barber half (my first)
2 Franklins
1 Kennedy 90%
10 Kennedy 40%

Box 2:
1 Franklin
5 Kennedy 90%
7 Kennedy 40%

Box 3:
No silver
1 1987 P

Box 4:
1 Kennedy 40%

Overall a very good day. I'm thinking that I'm seeing a nice stream of silver being shallowly buried by recent dumps. I'm going to try upping my orders over the next few weeks to see if I can stay in the silver and keep clearing the new dumps out of the way.

Upvote 0

Xiao en

Jan 30, 2012
Yourtown
Detector(s) used
Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are very good boxes, hope you are in the middle of a nice silver spot

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
congrats on the barber, and a pre 1900 one at that!!! I am not asking for pictures, but it would be nice to get a glimpse of the barber to judge condition and such :)

HH
buff

OP
OP
BillyOceansEleven

BillyOceansEleven

May 6, 2011
As requested, some pictures. I couldn't get the wife off the computer last night so my original post was from my Kindle Fire. I would love to hear opinions on the condition of the Barber. I like coins (the wife and I have a canister of various coins we kept because we thought they were cool) but have never been a serious coin collector, so I have no idea how this thing would grade.

photo (10).JPG

photo (9).JPG photo (8).JPG

photo (7).JPG

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The barber, a G6 to VG8, I am no expert, but the coin is a nice one!
the barber looks like a d or s mm

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
The barber, a G6 to VG8, I am no expert, but the coin is a nice one!
the barber looks like a d or s mm

Based on PCGS photograde, it appears to be G4, and I think the mintmark is S, making the coin a $18 coin (2008 red book). There was no Denver mint at the time, and the only "D" mint at the time was the Dahlonega, Georgia mint for gold coins only. 1894 barber halves were minted in Philly {blank}, New Orleans {O}, and San Fran {S}.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread