What's new

Todays Half Dollar Boxes & Dimes 5/5/10

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Joined
Nov 27, 2008
Messages
4,291
Reaction score
5
Golden Thread
0
Today's Half Dollar Boxes & Dimes 5/5/10

Today I picked up 8 boxes of halves and $700.00 in handrolled dimes. Here is what I got
The dimes to my surprise only produced 3 Rosies
Two of the 8 boxes were skunks and I got
3x 1964 Kennedy
25x 40%
Not much but I think I'll score big time on Friday's 8 boxes. :laughing7:
HH
Rich
 
Upvote 0
Re: Today's Half Dollar Boxes & Dimes 5/5/10

man, u are very consistent
 
Re: Today's Half Dollar Boxes & Dimes 5/5/10

4-5 oz in a day you can't complain about that. I been in the 1-2 range for awhile but that is every day not just twice a week. HH Mark
 
Re: Today's Half Dollar Boxes & Dimes 5/5/10

like i said last week and the week before that------i hope i do that good tomorrow :icon_thumright:
 
Re: Today's Half Dollar Boxes & Dimes 5/5/10

not bad, those dimes are weak
 
Re: Today's Half Dollar Boxes & Dimes 5/5/10

A little below your norm, but not bad at all. :icon_thumleft:
 
Re: Today's Half Dollar Boxes & Dimes 5/5/10

Rich , I really like your optimism , and your persistence ! Nice finds ! Argentium.
 
Re: Today's Half Dollar Boxes & Dimes 5/5/10

Rich even your negative bantor about having a weak dime day inspires me. I keep trying dimes and they keep disappointing me. Not only are they hard to handle due to having bumbling man hands but they just dont produce. Today was my best dime day ever. 4 boxes = 3 roos. Ive yet this year to find a silver dime in hand rolls and have searched about 6k worth. For the year ive got 11 roos and 1 x 65 canadian. 3 of those silvers came from change buying breakfast lol. That means 9 silvers in 34 boxes so far ouch.
 
Re: Today's Half Dollar Boxes & Dimes 5/5/10

Rich Hartford said:
Today I picked up 8 boxes of halves and $700.00 in handrolled dimes. Here is what I got
The dimes to my surprise only produced 3 Rosies
Two of the 8 boxes were skunks and I got
3x 1964 Kennedy
25x 40%
Not much but I think I'll score big time on Friday's 8 boxes. :laughing7:
HH
Rich

Rich- Wow 8 boxes!!! I was proud of myself for moving up to 1 box of halves a week that being said...is 1 box a week acceptable? Or should I being moving towards more boxes? I can't afford more than 1 box a week right now, but I'm slowly building my free/CRH rotating funds towards being able to afford more boxes soon.

Thanks guys I'm learning SO MUCH from reading all of your guys posts here. You guys are great :icon_thumleft:
 
Re: Today's Half Dollar Boxes & Dimes 5/5/10

rwb83 said:
Rich Hartford said:
Today I picked up 8 boxes of halves and $700.00 in handrolled dimes. Here is what I got
The dimes to my surprise only produced 3 Rosies
Two of the 8 boxes were skunks and I got
3x 1964 Kennedy
25x 40%
Not much but I think I'll score big time on Friday's 8 boxes. :laughing7:
HH
Rich

Rich- Wow 8 boxes!!! I was proud of myself for moving up to 1 box of halves a week that being said...is 1 box a week acceptable? Or should I being moving towards more boxes? I can't afford more than 1 box a week right now, but I'm slowly building my free/CRH rotating funds towards being able to afford more boxes soon.

Thanks guys I'm learning SO MUCH from reading all of your guys posts here. You guys are great :icon_thumleft:
Because I do 8-16 boxes a week I have the potential for getting more keepers, but I run the risk of losing my dump banks, which will end the game for me.
If you do one box a week you won't get much, but it is easy to dump.
HH
Rich
 
Re: Today's Half Dollar Boxes & Dimes 5/5/10

d2arcing said:
not bad, those dimes are weak

I got a dime hunters dump. Won't go there again.
Rich
 
Re: Today's Half Dollar Boxes & Dimes 5/5/10

JD-GA said:
Rich even your negative bantor about having a weak dime day inspires me. I keep trying dimes and they keep disappointing me. Not only are they hard to handle due to having bumbling man hands but they just dont produce. Today was my best dime day ever. 4 boxes = 3 roos. Ive yet this year to find a silver dime in hand rolls and have searched about 6k worth. For the year ive got 11 roos and 1 x 65 canadian. 3 of those silvers came from change buying breakfast lol. That means 9 silvers in 34 boxes so far ouch.

JD,
Dimes are tough. Best box I ever got had 11 keepers and that only happened once. Boxes will get you older coins and you have a chance of getting a solid 2009-10 box.
If the handrolls are not producing you are probably picking up a dime hunters dump, which is what I'm pretty sure I did.
Get your handrolled dimes from another location.
I used to pick up a dime bag once a week. Never skunked, but never got a lot either.
Persistance is the key. I got almost 400 dimes last year, in drips and drabs.
HH
Rich
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom