What's new

Todays Hunt. Halves, Ikes, and a Box of Dimes.

sensesfailed069

Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 18, 2010
Messages
61
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Well living on Long Island I am extremely lucky to have literally 30 banks in about a 1 radius of my house which i truly dont take advantage of so today I decided to take an hour and see what I could find. I managed to hit 9 banks in the hour because of some seriously long lines. The finds were quite meager but here are my results.

Bank 1- $120 in Ikes that were wrapped(All Clad) I usually dont take Ikes from the bank but these were wrapped so I was hoping to find something worthwhile bit that wasent the case.

Bank 2- 1 Roll of halves(1-90%)

Bank 3-No Halves

Bank 4-No Halves

Bank 5-1 Halve(1-40%)

Bank 6-No Halves

Bank 7-$3.50 in Halves(2-40%)

Bank 8-No Halves

Bank 9-2 Rolls of Halves(All Clad)

Overall i ended up with 3x 40% and 1x 90%...It wasent really worth the hour I put in.

The Dime Box produced 1 Silver Rosie a 1964
 

Attachments

  • Front.webp
    Front.webp
    69.9 KB · Views: 322
  • Back.webp
    Back.webp
    83.5 KB · Views: 310
Upvote 0
Beats not having them at all...Right!
rileyboy
 
I'd be happy if that only took an hour, more for the pile!
 
Don't get me wrong...I'm happy. I just think I'm alittle greedy and wanted more. If it were up to me every roll would be solid 90%ers
 
well, that's really not bad. The percentage of silver for what you searched is high, I think you did good. You have to look at how much money in gas you spent. At the end of the day if the silver value I find is worth more than the gas I put in the car, I think I did good. Normally I come out quite a bit ahead. More times than not anyway.
 
Nice score, not bad for an hour :thumbsup:
HH..Miner
 
Where on LI are you? I'm on LI too -- hopefully we aren't competitors :icon_thumright:
 
Without getting into an exact area...Im on the North Shore of Western Suffolk.
 
OK good ;D

without getting into the exact area, I'm in Southwest-ish Nassau County.

HH
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom