Todays hunt

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
Today's hunt

Went to a small beach this morning. It was pitch black when I got there so I was hunting by sound only. I couldn't see a thing! It finally got light and the water was soooo beautiful. Flat as a pancake with neery a ripple except when boat went by. I sure wished I had my CZ and could get in the water. **sigh** I wanted to get in soooooooooooo bad! I hunted and hunted with hits being few and far between.

I did manage to find one clip-on earring. It is costume jewelry by Monet. Boy, I haven't heard that term in YEARS! You men probably don't have a clue about what I'm talking about but the women probably do if they are over 30! Years ago you used to see jewelry by Monet on game shows a lot as prizes. It is not "real" but beautiful costume jewelry. Some of it was quite expensive too. Now I understand there is quite a market for it on Ebay. This one is not in good shape so I will just keep it in my "finds" tacklebox.

Earring041909.jpg

Then I went to a small park that I am not supposed to hunt. But I did not see any signs saying I couldn't hunt there and I stayed in the tot lot and did not go near any of the fields. I saw several park employee's and one of them waved at me as he went by but none stopped me. I found quite a bit of clad there and a toy car.

MoneynJunk041909.jpg

ToyCar041909.jpg

I ended up with a total of $3.29 in clad, a toy car and an earring. Not too bad. I'll take it! :wink:

Upvote 0

JP

Bronze Member
May 5, 2006
Florida & San Salvador, El Salvador
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Infinium LS, Garrett Sea Hunter II, Ace 250 (for my 12 year old son)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Today's hunt

Nice Mumszie, any finds are good for me too. A friend and I found a park off the beaten path not long ago. It didn't look like it had ever been hunted. There were no signs around saying one couldn't hunt, one hour later with a pocket of change (mostly quarters) we left. The place still looked like no one had ever hunted it after we were done. Imagine all the other parks that we have talked about, depending on who is there that day, that you could really get some serious gas money.

I found last summer a clip on ear ring that was 14k. Actually it was a clip with a post. I've never seen anything like it, but as you would say "I'll take it."

I hope your water machine comes in soon. The prime time water season is about to blossom.

HH

finderzzs

Bronze Member
May 2, 2007
Sunny South Florida
Detector(s) used
White's PI Pro Dual Field, Garrett Ace 350,

What do you mean today's hunt? Your home already? :evil6: Just kidding, and who needs a crappy Fisher anyways.... You got a small pile there, Congrats Mumszie. :thumbsup:

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac, Infiniuim

wow mumszie that is alot of clad! I still buy Money jewelry would you believe it?

OP
OP
mumszie

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida

finderzzs said:
What do you mean today's hunt? Your home already? :evil6: Just kidding, and who needs a crappy Fisher anyways.... You got a small pile there, Congrats Mumszie. :thumbsup:

Yeah, I can't hunt all day long much as I'd like too. ::) But I'm going to Venice for a couple of days and you can be sure I'm going to hunt ALL DAY LONG BOTH DAYS! Usually I need to get home for my hubby. My daughter is going to watch over him while I'm away this time so I will really take advantage of it. I am PRAYING that my CZ will come Monday so I can hunt in the water! Watch out I am going to have some serious finds to show........... I hope! LOL

RPG

Bronze Member
Jan 10, 2009
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Silver Umax, Compadre, Vaquero

Nice finds Mumszie...I hope for your sake the CZ comes in. Have fun in Venice. I was there about 10 years ago. Beautiful place. Don't forget to look for sharks teeth.
Randy

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250

And behind the sand on beach #1 we have Monet Jewelry and A NEW CAR! Congratulations, you are a winner! lol Sounds to me like the great scenery was the best find of the day but the earring and car are both very cool too!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread