What's new

Today's Mining Camp Finds!

Old Pueblo

Bronze Member
Joined
Mar 7, 2017
Messages
1,698
Reaction score
2,006
Golden Thread
0
Location
Arizona
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some more stuff from the past few days. Best find are the miner's tag and the old Army rifle casings from the Apache Wars era, including two 45-70s dated February 1886 and one blank .50-70 Government. Also some shotgun shells from around the turn of the century and that quartz crystal, which would have came out of the mines. Found some other old shells as well, but these are my favorites. And the 1939 date nail came out of the usual railroad tie turned fence post. That rusty thing is a tiny ball peen hammer head. Thanks for looking.

IMG_0004.webpIMG_0005.webpIMG_0006.webpIMG_0007.webpIMG_0008.webp
 
Upvote 20
Like the miner tag, I've found a few myself, but most were just numbers, not marked from the mine.

HH,
Brian
 
Congrats on some nice relic finds Pueblo. I like that miners tag and marble. We have dated nails like that here in Illinois, except ours are in telephone polls ( before they went to the aluminum tags ).
 
Congrats on some nice relic finds Pueblo. I like that miners tag and marble. We have dated nails like that here in Illinois, except ours are in telephone polls ( before they went to the aluminum tags ).

What years do you see up there? I’ve only found two nails in old telephone poles. Both 1940s
 
Like the miner tag, I've found a few myself, but most were just numbers, not marked from the mine.

HH,
Brian

I’ve found 3 of them at old mines, but none of them have the name of the mine either. They’re not as common as these plain ones with just numbers, I think.
 
Great finds - love the date nail! :occasion14:
 
Love the old brass shells...
 
What years do you see up there? I’ve only found two nails in old telephone poles. Both 1940s
I have found a 1929 and 1932. I have also seen some still in the pole in the area of the same date range of the two I found.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom