timekiller
Silver Member
- Joined
- Feb 10, 2009
- Messages
- 3,853
- Reaction score
- 966
- Golden Thread
- 1
- Location
- Morehead City / Newport NC
- 🥇 Banner finds
- 1
- Detector(s) used
- Minelab E-Trac
- Primary Interest:
- All Treasure Hunting
Well it was along weekend for me.My Grandfather past away this past Friday morning at the age of 89.And seems how he had a big hand in raising me from about 5 up well in to my teen years I'll miss him.He was a WWII Navy Veteran and ecaped death from that as he was on a ship in pearl harbor that was asked to pull out to sea to make room for another just before the bombing of peal harbor.Once out the Navy he worked as a Bridge Tender until he was able to retire.He got me started early in farming and water work.As those were some of the things he loved to do.Two things I've done since for most of my life.
Today I needed some alone time and Mding down the river was a good way to do it out on the water miles away from anyone.The finds were Ok but being able to gather myself back up was the real treasure.
Take Care,
Pete,
Pendant Info At Bottom
Today I needed some alone time and Mding down the river was a good way to do it out on the water miles away from anyone.The finds were Ok but being able to gather myself back up was the real treasure.
Take Care,
Pete,
Pendant Info At Bottom
Attachments
Upvote
2
does it seem relatively heavy?
I had a gut feeling about it all along & now am convinced about the piece.From reliable sources & seems to be quite a rare find.As only three others of this type have been found from my research.
And my piece is in great shape compared to the others which came from Va. dug from graves.To me it's has turned out to be another great find along the way of MD'ing & following up with research.The type of soil/mud & the make up of the metal content in it has came together to preserve it quite well as if you read the links below you'll see they were made of a mix of metals but called copper sheet.Anyway I've wrote to Buck Woodard to get more insight.When & if he get's back with me I'll add his words.
They are a different breed then people of today and are the greatest generation for sure.







