Toe ring at the Beach?

surfrat96

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2005
Hollywood, Florida
Detector(s) used
AquaSound
Hit the beach at low tide this a.m. Hunted from 530 a.m.- 800 a.m. Most people I've seen at one time since I've started. Musta been about 3 others searchin dry sand, and 3 of us on the wet. Glad I got a early start!

First 2 hits were quarters, had to dig some deep holes for those 2. Next hit was this thing, looks like it might be a toe ring of some sort. Don't know how to tell if it's silver or not. Next hit was a deep dime, and the rest was found in the dry sand, including the little car at about 8". As I was leaving 2 older guys were talkin to me and they were gettin ready to go into the water with their Excalibur's. Don't know how they did, but they did say they do great in the water. They also invited me to the local club, which I think I'll try to attend to try to soak up some more info. HH 8)

Attachments

• MVC-023S.JPG
    MVC-023S.JPG
    37.8 KB · Views: 311
Upvote 0
D

Darod

Hey Surf,

Where abouts are you? What beach were you hunting?

Nice finds by the way.....the quarters are clad? They look silver in the pic with the glare.

Rod

OP
OP
surfrat96

surfrat96

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2005
Hollywood, Florida
Detector(s) used
AquaSound
Rod, I live in Hollywood, and usually go to Hollywood Beach. I'm just about 15-20 minutes south of Floater. Beach hasn't been to good lately, all the tourists are gone! We've got the Air & Sea show at Ft. Lauderdale beach this weekend. Usually attracts a couple hundred thousand for the weekend. I'm gonna try huntin a couple hrs before dawn Mon. morning.

The quarters in the pics were all clad. One was a 1965 (missed it by a year.lol)

D

Darod

Don't you just hate that! I get 65's in change all the time! Everytime I get one I just give out a low grunt and my wife shakes her head at me. She thinks I'm loosing it, inspecting all my change like I do :)

I'm in Melbourne,...I need to hook up with you and Dave sometime. I was supposed to get with Dave the end of this month but now my trip is going to be a short one down there and I'm not going to have any spare time to play :(

This summer than,...we'll try and get the 3 of us together for a hunt or 2, OK :)

Rod

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread