What's new

Token and Button ID

fubberbud

Greenie
Joined
Feb 25, 2005
Messages
16
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Location
Des Moines Eastsider, IA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Eureka Gold, Tesoro Lobo ST
Hello everyone. I was going through my older finds and came upon these two items. I found this token and the button many years ago using a Garrett ADS MD. Both were found near the main battle ground in Lexington, MO. The token on the front has WM. Palmer, Lexington, MO and the back has Good In Trade For 2 ½ cents. The Button isn’t as clear but has a P on the front. Any info you could find would be interesting.
 

Attachments

  • NewRS6.webp
    NewRS6.webp
    19.9 KB · Views: 211
  • NewRS5.webp
    NewRS5.webp
    23.6 KB · Views: 189
  • NewRS10.webp
    NewRS10.webp
    13.3 KB · Views: 200
  • NewRS12.webp
    NewRS12.webp
    15.6 KB · Views: 188
Hi ;D In the 1900 Lexington, MO census there is a William Palmer age 32 who is listed as a saloon keeper.

I also found this request for genealogical info-

I am interested in receiving a copy of any immigration records or death
certificates for: William Palmer, Lexington, MO; d. 1950's; Sons: John
Palmer, fireman; Bill Palmer, fire chief, 1900-1920; Lawrence Edward
Palmer (nickname Pete), youngest son, b. 1899; Daughters: Trudy.
William Palmer immigrated from Burbage, England sometime in the last
quarter of the 1800's. He owned quite a bit of real estate in Lexington
including an auto service shop, restaurant, hotel, tavern, etc., until
the great depression. He and his wife (I believe her name is Elizabeth)
are laid to rest in Lexington. Thanks.

Those are great finds :icon_thumleft:
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom