What's new

Token I thought was an Indian head penny

NJ Marty

Hero Member
Joined
Jun 7, 2008
Messages
659
Reaction score
410
Golden Thread
0
Location
NJ
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS Minelab E-trac
This is a neat token I got the other day in the farmers feild I thought was an Indian head penny to far gone, it was so encrusted. I saw the wreath and assumed it was an indian, so I put it in olive oil. Then I saw it was something else and tried a toothpick on it and the dirt flaked off nicely. D.L. Wing token. Union flour. Any ideas of the time period of this token?
Marty
 

Attachments

  • IMG_1345 (Medium).webp
    IMG_1345 (Medium).webp
    13.3 KB · Views: 304
  • IMG_1346 (Medium).webp
    IMG_1346 (Medium).webp
    13.4 KB · Views: 299
  • IMG_1349 (Medium).webp
    IMG_1349 (Medium).webp
    32.4 KB · Views: 307
  • IMG_1353 (Medium).webp
    IMG_1353 (Medium).webp
    27.1 KB · Views: 298
Upvote 0
You just never know. Nice find.
 
It is a Civil War token 1863-64 there is one on ebay right now.

Rick
 
Wow, that would have definately caught my attention too!
VERY cool find!
That wreath thing sure looks like something good!
 
thrillathahunt said:
It is a Civil War token 1863-64 there is one on ebay right now.

Rick
Rick thans for the info, I will look on ebay now and see. Thanks
Marty
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom