Token????

wyohunter99

May 22, 2010
Wyoming
Detector(s) used
Ctx & Deus
Found this in my grandmas yard today... It says "The Palace" on one side and "Good for 10 cents in trade" on the other... Found in Casper, Wyoming her house was built in the late teens... Thanks
token1.jpg

idahotokens

Bronze Member
Aug 30, 2003
Primary Interest:
Other
Getting a good attribution for this one is going to be next to impossible. Second only to "The Pastime", "The Palace" is a very common name for a saloon/pool hall/cigar store. I bet that if you were to do a search of the old Casper city directories, you would find a business there called "The Palace", but that does not mean this token is from that business. There are mavericks with "The Palace" on them attributed to UT, ID,OR, & WA for sure, and probably other states as well. None that I know of look like this one, though, and some of those attributions are pretty questionable IMO. It is also not listed in the WY Trade Tokens book. The only way that an attribution for a token with just this name on it could be even fairly certain would be to find a bunch of them in the foundation of a business that had that name. Possibly getting a bunch from a descendant of an owner. But, finding just one makes an attribution "iffy".
John in ID
"Attributing mavericks is easy - proving attributions is very difficult."

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread