What's new

Token?

Swartzie

Hero Member
Joined
Mar 15, 2009
Messages
791
Reaction score
52
Golden Thread
0
Location
Tuscarawas County, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Does anyone recognize this as a token? It measures the same as a U.S. penny (19mm). I can't seem to i.d. it as a coin, so now I'm wondering if maybe it's not a token of some sort. I do see a wreath on the first picture. The same kind of wreath that is used on cents. But, there is something in the middle of the wreath that is not on cents. It was recovered on a 1750-1760's fur trade site in Ohio.

Thanks.
-Swartzie
 

Attachments

  • unknown_c.webp
    unknown_c.webp
    16.7 KB · Views: 241
  • unknown_d.webp
    unknown_d.webp
    21.1 KB · Views: 217
  • unknown_c.webp
    unknown_c.webp
    16.7 KB · Views: 217
  • unknown_d.webp
    unknown_d.webp
    21.1 KB · Views: 213
Civil War token?
You need to clean it for a proper id.
Carl
 
Thanks for the reply. Yeah, that's about as clean as she's going to get.
-Swartzie
 
Nuke some peroxide till it boils, (coffee cup with about half an inch of peroxide), drop it in, wait a bit, it'll clean up.
Carl
 
CurbdiggerCarl57 said:
Nuke some peroxide till it boils, (coffee cup with about half an inch of peroxide), drop it in, wait a bit, it'll clean up.
Carl

I've done the peroxide bit already. That's usually the first thing I do. Also, did olive oil and an ultrasonic cleaner with some stuff called citranox.

-Swartzie
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom