mapper123

Feb 6, 2007
NW South Carolina
Detector(s) used
White's XLT,
Fisher F2
Teknetics Delta 4000
Garrett ace350
I found this copper or brass item last week. Not sure what it is & would appreciate help. PICT0011.JPGPICT0009.JPG

'tis a "spinner" - an advertising giveaway that could be used to determine who pays for the round of drinks. Quite possibly from a truckers' equipment convention or trade show.
John in the Great 208

Thank you John ! That makes perfect sense...I wondered what the little bump in the middle was & I looked all over Google for a trucking company with the name "You Pay" LOL. Does it have any value ...just curious as I will keep it . John do you have an educated guess to a time frame?

Last edited:
The American Trucking Association logo in the triangle appears in American Trucking Associations on a 1953 envelope - I'd guess the spinner is from post-WWII to mid 1950s or so. Probably not a lot of value on the collector market - my guess would be around $5. And yes, the dimple on one side makes the bump on the other where the spinner spins.
John in the Great 208

Thank you again John & you as well mackaydon...as is stated often ...one never knows what will dug up.....since I dig it all.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back