• IMG_1545.jpeg
    IMG_1545.jpeg
    709 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_1546.jpeg
    IMG_1546.jpeg
    493.7 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:
Jan 13, 2023
I found this today in south east Pennsylvania . It's a little larger than a US quarter. Not sure of the metal. A magnet will not stick to it. Has 5 on one side and what looks like Y.L.P.K. or V.L.P.K. on the other. Any information on it would be appreciated.
Might be a valla parking token but it's an early one probably horse an buggy

Upvote 1
OP
OP
Ed_DE

Ed_DE

Feb 23, 2019
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Might be a valla parking token but it's an early one probably horse an buggy
Thanks for the reply. That’s something I will look into. But I think it might be a trade token for a local merchant? Also like to know what V.L.P.K. Stands for and age.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

invent4hir

Bronze Member
Aug 1, 2017
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i & DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A token would be my 1st guess also. I've never dug one that shape but similar do exist (see pic). Unclear what the initials stand for. Possible ways to figure that out might be to ask a local old-timer/history society/museum, consider what if anything was found nearby, is/was there a building there and if so what was it for, look at old atlases/maps, etc. In other words context. As far as the type of metal - what reading did the detector give you? If not sure, place the detector on a table with the coil several inches off the edge then move the token past the coil a few times and look/listen. Could be brass or aluminum. Good luck!

Attachments

• Token.jpg
    Token.jpg
    520.2 KB · Views: 13
Upvote 1
OP
OP
Ed_DE

Ed_DE

Feb 23, 2019
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A token would be my 1st guess also. I've never dug one that shape but similar do exist (see pic). Unclear what the initials stand for. Possible ways to figure that out might be to ask a local old-timer/history society/museum, consider what if anything was found nearby, is/was there a building there and if so what was it for, look at old atlases/maps, etc. In other words context. As far as the type of metal - what reading did the detector give you? If not sure, place the detector on a table with the coil several inches off the edge then move the token past the coil a few times and look/listen. Could be brass or aluminum. Good luck!
Thanks, There a lot of history in the area dating back to the mid 1600's. I'm thinking it was probably use for some local store and I will have to do my own research. Thanks for the tips on where to look. As far as the metal it's not aluminum. I'm guessing its probably copper or brass.

Upvote 1
OP
OP
Ed_DE

Ed_DE

Feb 23, 2019
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will put this down as solved as a token. If I ever get some time I’ll do some research to try to find out what the V.L.P.K. stands for.

Upvote 1

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions