mfc83

mfc83

Feb 27, 2010
MILLSBORO,DE
Detector(s) used
FISHER 1280X ,FISHER F2,BOUNTY HUNTER IV , TESORO CUTLASS UMAX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i know i found the town of accident and its all the way to west side of state these kinda strike me as a general store type token

idahotokens

Bronze Member
Aug 30, 2003
Primary Interest:
Other
Schenkman's MD Merchant Tokens book shows tokens from Gnagey in 5, 10, & 25 (¢) denominations, but not the 1.00. He says, "John E. Gnagey started operating a general store during the 1870s. He went out of business in the early 1900s." I will let him know about this denomination - would you be willing to post your pics on tokencatalog.com?
John in the Great 208

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
The 1875 edition of Boyd’s Business Directory for Maryland lists the occupations and businesses in the five largest cities in Maryland, and all the smaller towns.
The book is organized by occupation. John Gnagey of Accident is listed under Agricultural Implements.
Don..........

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice. I like digging the tokens. It just seems like they are all a piece of history.

OP
OP
mfc83

mfc83

Feb 27, 2010
MILLSBORO,DE
Detector(s) used
FISHER 1280X ,FISHER F2,BOUNTY HUNTER IV , TESORO CUTLASS UMAX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ok so being the curious type i contacted a family member of the family that lived in farm house on the property i was hunting and she said oh yes honey the people that owned the general store in Accident Md moved here and were related to the family so i told her about the tokens and she said she didnt recall tokens but she still has a couple of the store ledger books packed away somewhere

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread