Tombstone, AZ Birdcage theater Ghost Picture

calbear

Jan 29, 2007
SoCal
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Vaquero, Eric Foster PI, White's gold detector
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went on a ghost hunt at the Birdcage theater at Midnight. My wife and I were the only ones to show up. I guess everyone else chickened out. The night became very stormy, with a heavy down pour with thunder and lighting. Needless to say things be came very active. My wife's hair was pulled in the Basement, where there is quite a bit of history. I took this photo of Wyatt Earp's girl friend's crib, where she plied her trade as a sporting women. They later Married :hello2: ! This place is one of the most haunted places I have ever been. You could hear very heavy walking. Nothing like sitting there when the lights are out and hearing all kinds of things, knowing you have the black Maria that carried hundreds of Tombstone's deceased right next to you!
If you focus on the mirror you will be able to see a face. Kind of creepy. Don't know if it's from my flash hitting the mirror and causing the dust to create the illusion. But enjoy!!!!!!!
(Look at the small mirror in front of the red curtain)

Attachments

• 061.JPG
    061.JPG
    77.7 KB · Views: 3,630

werleibr

Jul 26, 2010
Virginia
i see 2 things, all normal. Sorry :-[ The first is the mouth and eyes are the mirror that is missing dust. Second the structure of the face is the object infront of the mirror. If you look you can see the shape of the white pitcher.

OP
OP
calbear

calbear

Jan 29, 2007
SoCal
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am trying to see what you are saying, but I can't see it :dontknow: Like I said I thought it might be the flash hitting the mirror and dust. I still found it interesting ::)

diggemall

Apr 19, 2006
northeast Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ3D, BH Discovery 3300
Very interesting photo - you can clearly see the ceiling boards reflected in the mirror, as well as the area of the ceiling illuminated by the reflected flash. The question would be; are there any marks / discoloration in that area of the ceiling that "match" the "facial features" that seem to appear in the mirror ? If there are, then there's your explanation. If NOT, then it would seem more likely to be an apparition in the mirror ! Would be neat to see anm actual photo of Earp's sweetie as well, for comparison, as the "image" has very distinct facial features / shape.

Diggem'

werleibr

Jul 26, 2010
Virginia
Ok took your photo and changed it a smidgen.. all i did was invert the colors. You can now see that it is an optical illusion. See the dark area on the mirror. It looks to me now to be a nop of a cabinant of some kind or the upper part of a door way? And then there are smudges on the mirror. combine the two together and you get the optical illusion. Hope this helps.

Attachments

• invert.JPG
    invert.JPG
    58.5 KB · Views: 778

diggemall

Apr 19, 2006
northeast Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
I think you're looking in the wrong mirror...........................

Attachments

• 061A.JPG
    061A.JPG
    67.6 KB · Views: 5,956

werleibr

Jul 26, 2010
Virginia
That is the one i am looking at.. I will work on getting a better picture to show what i am talking about.

[Update]
Pictures added

The lines i added all turned out to be roughly the same length. And this was not a forced thing ither. They are also all at the same angle.

Attachments

• hmm.JPG
    hmm.JPG
    67.9 KB · Views: 392
  • invert.JPG
    invert.JPG
    68.2 KB · Views: 395

diggemall

Apr 19, 2006
northeast Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Perhaps the lines are the same length, but that is irrelevent.

The mirror is tilted AWAY at the top, and is clearly reflecting the ceiling, NOT the pitcher that is BELOW and in front of it. (Grab a mirror, position it in a similar manner, and see whether you get a DOWNWARD view or an UPWARDS one) Look at the planked (beadboard, perhaps) ceiling above the woodstove - same color & proportions as what is reflected in the mirror.

What appear to be finger swipes in the dust on the mirror are also irrelevant to the apparent facial features IMHO.

Perhaps, if I remove some of the reflected lines....................

Diggem'

Attachments

• 061b.jpg
    061b.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 513
OP
OP
calbear

calbear

Jan 29, 2007
SoCal
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am goiing back to Tombstone in two weeks. I'll Take this photo over again and see what I get !
Both in the day time and at night.

OP
OP
calbear

calbear

Jan 29, 2007
SoCal
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went threw my pictures of the Bird Cage and found the other side of the room. The mirror in question can be seen from the mirror of the Vanity ! I hope this can clear up if it's a, so called smoke and mirrors, or the real deal. Like I said in my first post, I Don't know if it's from my flash hitting the mirror and causing the dust to create the illusion ???

Attachments

• 023.JPG
    023.JPG
    84.8 KB · Views: 954

bill-USA

Jun 29, 2004
Somewhere in the US and probably in motion.
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
This may sound strange, but in the original picture, I am getting two figures. First is the full facial features of a woman, with brown hair, second is concentrated in the lower 2/3rds of the mirror. It appears to me to be a man looking down at about a 45 degree angle, with his hair, forehead, eyes, and shot from the side. Hair is short on him, as apposed to full and bushy all around the face of the female.

The two keep shifting back and forth as my focus changes on the photo. Neat shot, bet you can't recapture that one!

bill-USA

Jun 29, 2004
Somewhere in the US and probably in motion.
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Okay, decided my post above needed some explanation.

Here is the resized original mirror from above.

061.JPG

Then the facial outline of the female with all the darker hair.

female image.jpg

And finally the male image outline, with the shorter hair roughed in. The rest is just background.

male image.jpg

Does anyone else see what I'm seeing or is my imagination too active?

werleibr

Jul 26, 2010
Virginia
Diggemall said:
Perhaps the lines are the same length, but that is irrelevent.

The mirror is tilted AWAY at the top, and is clearly reflecting the ceiling, NOT the pitcher that is BELOW and in front of it. (Grab a mirror, position it in a similar manner, and see whether you get a DOWNWARD view or an UPWARDS one) Look at the planked (beadboard, perhaps) ceiling above the woodstove - same color & proportions as what is reflected in the mirror.

What appear to be finger swipes in the dust on the mirror are also irrelevant to the apparent facial features IMHO.

Perhaps, if I remove some of the reflected lines....................

Diggem'

But it is relevent. It all has to do with the position of the flash.

diggemall

Apr 19, 2006
northeast Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
I must either be ign0rant as he!! or simply mis-understanding what you are trying to say here werl...........

Angle of incidence = angle of reflectance

Diggem'

Attachments

• REFLECTIONS.JPG
    REFLECTIONS.JPG
    52.7 KB · Views: 551

diggemall

Apr 19, 2006
northeast Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
werleibr said:
Yes now think of the flash as they eye also. It will cast a shadow that will not be distorted.

Yep. You're almost 100% correct. Given that the camera is more the "eye", the flash definately DID cast sharp, undistorted, distinct shadows; BELOW every object in sight (indicating that the flash was above the camera's lens, or "eye") So, again, how would the flash cast a shadow of the pitcher onto the mirror ?

This is becoming academic.

Diggem'

Attachments

• 061c.JPG
    061c.JPG
    67.6 KB · Views: 349

werleibr

Jul 26, 2010
Virginia
You all have made VERY GOOD points about the picture and the flash, but look at these two images i added.. You will see that there is a discoloration within the mirror it's self with the reflection, due to the flash. Do you see the shaddow on top of the mirror? That would demonstrate that the mirror has a larg overhang on it. but we can tell that it does not have one the size of the shadow. I outlined it in picture 2.

Now I have a 2 questions for calbear since you were the one there and can elaberate more. I noticed when you put up the second picture of the area there were some discrempencies with this picture. Were they taken at the same time? As in the same night of the visit? If so did you move the white towel like cloth that was hanging on the mirror? I also noticed it appears to be a different location also. There appears to be a picture hanging behind it in the reflection, but on the picture originally posted it appears by another mirror and window. So maybe was the whole mirror moved?

Second question.. Have you made it back there lately, or have any video from the room to show the enitre room as set up?

Attachments

• Look1.JPG
    Look1.JPG
    67.8 KB · Views: 283
  • Look2.JPG
    Look2.JPG
    68 KB · Views: 304

diggemall

Apr 19, 2006
northeast Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
What you see in the mirror is the reflection of the planked ceiling of the room. The brighter area is where the cameras flash bounced off the mirror and illuminated the ceiling. Your "shadow" is where the portion of the ceiling illuminated by the reflected flash meets the un-illuminated remainder of the ceiling.

If the two photos are of the same room, they would almost HAVE to be diagonally opposite corners, not adjacent corners. Wall coverings are different, etc., etc.

Diggem'

Attachments

• 023a.jpg
    023a.jpg
    160.4 KB · Views: 984

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread