Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hell if you do that you can expect your building to remain in kit form for roughly 6 months.:laughing7:I'd also make viking get a hair cut,long hair and some power tools do not mix:laughing7:

Well Red maybe I'll have to require some construction goals be met before we indulge. I certainly can't wait 6 more months. But ole' Viking has me by the short hairs on this hair thing if I want or need his help. I got a chain saw to cut'em free if he gets it wound up in a power tool. Won't take me a minute and he'll be good to go again. :occasion14:

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor and Galice Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well Red maybe I'll have to require some construction goals be met before we indulge. I certainly can't wait 6 more months. But ole' Viking has me by the short hairs on this hair thing if I want or need his help. I got a chain saw to cut'em free if he gets it wound up in a power tool. Won't take me a minute and he'll be good to go again. :occasion14:

It's kept in a pony tail 99% of the time....I have gone almost all cordless, so if I'm dumb enough( I'm not) to get my drill wrapped up in my hair...I'll just get another one and keep working!! rofl.gif
Hey check out that big guy....with hair extentions by DeWalt!!!:laughing7:
Yeh...and he's throwin' cans of coor light at that other guy!!:laughing7::laughing7:
And he doesn't talk like us!

Last edited:

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It's kept in a pony tail 99% of the time....I have gone almost all cordless, so if I'm dumb enough( I'm not) to get my drill wrapped up in my hair...I'll just get another one and keep working!! View attachment 1145310
Hey check out that big guy....with hair extentions by DeWalt!!!:laughing7:
Yeh...and he's throwin' cans of coor light at that other guy!!:laughing7::laughing7:
And he doesn't talk like us!

No cans here.... BOTTLES. You start throwin' bottles (just 1) and your "hair extentions" will be the least of your worries. All the locals here have that southern accent but I never acquired it. I was 38 when I moved here 22 years ago. The locals think I have an accent and make fun of my "northern accent" (whatever that is). Got 3/4 of the building studded up yesterday.

FYI: Red wears his long hair in braids.... :laughing7:

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Here's an idea of what I'm building....

Attachments

• S6300744.JPG
    S6300744.JPG
    81.9 KB · Views: 81
  • S6300745.JPG
    S6300745.JPG
    92.5 KB · Views: 98

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey Brad, I have a couple of questions about your project. I can PM you if you like.

You can always ask me anything about my projects here. I know we did PM but about this project but just fire away Viking with any future questions. Just no bottle throwin' if ya show up.

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can always ask me anything about my projects here. I know we did PM but about this project but just fire away Viking with any future questions. Just no bottle throwin' if ya show up.

I would never throw a bottle at you...can maybe:laughing7:
I bid a job few minutes ago, gentleman offered me a Coors light. Not bad really, crisp, not to strong.:icon_thumright:

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I would never throw a bottle at you...can maybe:laughing7:
I bid a job few minutes ago, gentleman offered me a Coors light. Not bad really, crisp, not to strong.:icon_thumright:

We need to rename this thread the "Viking & Limitool" thread.... We've taken it over completely!!!! I say let's hold it hostage for a $1,000,000 ransom. A 70-30 split sounds good (my idea) with me getting the 70%.

That guys project you bid has got to be a super guy if he drinks Coors Light. Maybe there's hope for your damaged taste buds still...? :laughing7: It's that or you feel bad about not showing up to help me. So which is it buddy? :occasion14:

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Progress report Brad!

And tonight I'am having a screaming orgasm. Gotta stay on topic...I always do!:laughing7:

1 oz vodka
1 1/2 oz Bailey's® Irish cream
1/2 oz Kahlua® coffee liqueur
:icon_thumright::icon_thumright:

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Progress report Brad

Well now.... Been held up a lot because of rain, rain and more rain!!!! Walls are all up. Trusses are all set (31). Purlins are all on the trusses. Wall wrap is installed with all of those purlins attached also. Overhangs on gable ends being built and attached today then ready for roof metal. Maybe some windows installed today also.

One of the "good helpers" yesterday was shown how to install the truss hurricane straps. I put 2 of them up for him to see. After that he did the next 29 his way before I discovered it!!!! He then proceeded to uninstall 29 of them and try again. "These come off a LOT harder then they go on" he states. Duh.... :tongue3:

And that's your Brad's barn update.... Later buddy! Oh yea.... if you can't help build it then so be it. But pick up 777 and Red James and help me move these damn work benches, work island and all this tools... See ya soon.... :occasion14:

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well now.... Been held up a lot because of rain, rain and more rain!!!! Walls are all up. Trusses are all set (31). Purlins are all on the trusses. Wall wrap is installed with all of those purlins attached also. Overhangs on gable ends being built and attached today then ready for roof metal. Maybe some windows installed today also.

One of the "good helpers" yesterday was shown how to install the truss hurricane straps. I put 2 of them up for him to see. After that he did the next 29 his way before I discovered it!!!! He then proceeded to uninstall 29 of them and try again. "These come off a LOT harder then they go on" he states. Duh.... :tongue3:

And that's your Brad's barn update.... Later buddy! Oh yea.... if you can't help build it then so be it. But pick up 777 and Red James and help me move these damn work benches, work island and all this tools... See ya soon.... :occasion14:

Wait now Brad... you mean one of these is not correct?:laughing7:
The incorrect way is easier to nail. They have a gun that nails these right quick! DSCN8504.JPG

And on that note...
Tonight I'am trying something new,Snake River Stampede small batch blended Canadian whiskey.
DSCN8510.JPG DSCN8511.JPG

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Naw... the ones we got do not look like what you posted. They attached on one side of the truss bottom and then the top 2 rows of 2 x 4's. If put on wrong the ceiling drywall cannot be pushed up against the top of the wall & ceiling due to metal in the way. But I like the ones you posted. They appear "idiot proof".

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Naw... the ones we got do not look like what you posted. They attached on one side of the truss bottom and then the top 2 rows of 2 x 4's. If put on wrong the ceiling drywall cannot be pushed up against the top of the wall & ceiling due to metal in the way. But I like the ones you posted. They appear "idiot proof".

So.....these?

hurricane clips196e-2015.gif

Last edited:

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Yea.... 95% right. The one on your last post can be put up either way it appears. The one's I got ... when they were stamped out... had a inside corner with "extra" metal which had to go above the wall. If not drywall or anything would not fit up on the inside corner between the wall and ceiling.

Down to metal now for the roof and walls.... Can't wait to get to the inside then... :occasion14:

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yea.... 95% right. The one on your last post can be put up either way it appears. The one's I got ... when they were stamped out... had a inside corner with "extra" metal which had to go above the wall. If not drywall or anything would not fit up on the inside corner between the wall and ceiling.

Down to metal now for the roof and walls.... Can't wait to get to the inside then... :occasion14:

Cool! The ones I posted must be put on the "harder to nail way" Years ago I installed them the easier way, building inspector said no..my boss explained the right way were more efficient. And a lot harder to nail!! You have to almost get on top of the wall...or beam in my case ^^

It's not tonight yet as the thread title states....but.. Sticking to my small batch theme.
From last night!

DSCN8524.JPG

Last edited:

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest: