Tonights spill

just-dig

Dec 25, 2008
North Texas
I've been cleaning out the shallow junk in my mothers yard for a while now. The deeper targets are starting to come in loud and clear now. I've also been messing with the settings some after reading a couple of suggestions to lower the sensitivity in trashy areas for better target separation. I've mentioned before that I'd found only a couple of wheats and four silvers. I got number five silver tonight. It was in the same hole with a 45s and 42 wheat pennies, they were all stuck together. When I stood back up while the hole was open I had another hit down deeper and got the 1916 wheat. Then a few minutes later several feet away I got the 22d. That was fun...lol

Thanks for looking, Mark

Attachments

• spill.jpg
    spill.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 520
Upvote 0

terryinr.i.

Mar 31, 2009
R.I.
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Ace250. Tasoro Vaquaro.
nice little score there, what are you useing for a michine?

OP
OP
just-dig

just-dig

Dec 25, 2008
North Texas
terryinr.i. said:
nice little score there, what are you useing for a michine?

I'm using a T2 at the moment. I was running it sensitivity at 70 and discrim at 50. I was getting way too much small rusty can pieces so I started reading in different places looking for assistance....lol
I dropped the sensitivity to 50 and discrim to 20. What a difference. Much better depth and the first pass across this 10 by 20 area this morning gave me several small brass relics I'd missed with the higher settings.
Thanks for the replys, Mark

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WTG on the silver! Since you adjusted your machine I would cover the whole area again to make sure you got it all.

Nick A

May 10, 2007
Columbus Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Minelab E-Trac, Fisher CZ3D
You do realize the 1922 D wheat cent is a good date and a better find, right?
I'd be way happier with the 1922 D cent than the common silver dime.

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That was spill you found there.....Matt

Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado , Fisher Gold Bug 2 , Whites MXT , Keen Dry Washer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
just-dig

just-dig

Dec 25, 2008
North Texas
Nick A (at1cad) said:
You do realize the 1922 D wheat cent is a good date and a better find, right?
I'd be way happier with the 1922 D cent than the common silver dime.

I'm happy with all of them, I didn't know I was being partial to the silver :wink:
The 22d is in pretty bad shape, I wish it was as nice as the 42.
Thanks for the reply,
Mark

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Switching settings on your machine just goes to show sometimes less is best. I think too many people try to hunt everything full power and actually hender their prospects for finding good targets. Nice work. Monty

OP
OP
just-dig

just-dig

Dec 25, 2008
North Texas
Monty said:
Switching settings on your machine just goes to show sometimes less is best. I think too many people try to hunt everything full power and actually hender their prospects for finding good targets. Nice work. Monty

Thanks Monty, I appreciate that. Knowledge on these boards is priceless. I've only been doing this since last October but I've found that reading on these boards is as good as the hands on experience you get in the field.
After removing all the high, and most of the mid range tones I can tell there are still coins down there amongst all the nails and rusty pieces of iron. I just need to find the right settings to pick through the iron. The T2 does not do well with coins near nails just by testing it with coins and nails laying on top of the ground. I'm sure it's much worse in the ground with the halo you get around nails after laying in the ground for a hundred plus years.

Thanks, Mark

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions