Signal Mountain, TN
Detector(s) used
ACE 250

Attachments

• Spoon.jpg
    Spoon.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 787
Upvote 0
Way to go on your first find and welcome to T-net. You should be looking for CW relics as you are surrounded by history there. HH

Welcome to the forum! Here is my last outings results...It looks like the Bed Bath & Beyond graveyard!

Attachments

• P7310024.JPG
    P7310024.JPG
    25.8 KB · Views: 659
And that's a very nice spoon :hello2:
At least it is whole! The one I dug up yesterday has got the end missing
Pewter-Handle.jpg

Best wishes,
David.

Attachments

• Pewter-Handle.jpg
    Pewter-Handle.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 582
Nice find, it is definately old! Welcome to T-net, keep your detector on the ground and the great finds will eventually come! Happy Dirt Fishing!

-Dan

I found one like that in a park in Iowa, RickIowa2009 see it in the findmall.com Christian section

Kimbrough said:
O.k. so it's not thrilling but it's the first kinda-sorta treasure thing I've found. The inscription reads "WM Rogers" and then "S I." A quick google shows it's a (1954?) silverplate WM Rogers spoon. The pattern is called "Precious Mirror." :headbang:

Way to go KimBro
How fun is this? Did you check out your cave yet? These guys on here are brilliant, They have guided me down some pretty rocky paths !!! lol just kidding, Cool find and also you ID'd the pattern too.

Take care,
TnMountains

its a good start :wink: :icon_thumright: keep at it -- might find the tin full of wheaties the kid buried with his moms spoon.

TnMountains said:
Way to go KimBro
How fun is this? Did you check out your cave yet? These guys on here are brilliant, They have guided me down some pretty rocky paths !!! lol just kidding, Cool find and also you ID'd the pattern too.

Take care,
TnMountains
It's a friggin' cool hobby. What does it mean when i get all excited over a spoon?
I wanna MD all the time though... I'm definitely hooked. I've been tearing through Bob Brewer's book - just fascinating to me!

I'm still waiting to go to the cave site - I need some time off ::)

I am a real whiz when it comes to research. If there is something I just gotta figure out, I won't let it go 'til it's done - my wife just rolls her eyes.

My son talks to me about a cave in Kentucky, on some land owned by a friend's Mom. My son and his friend did go to the
cave, went in, saw indications that it had been used, and then saw some kind of box up on a wall, out of reach. No ladder,
nothing to get them up to that height, so decided to go back some time later. My son had never went back.....and every
now and then I have dreams about that one.
Keep us posted on the Cave Trip, and let us know whether the treasure hidden inside was Revolutionary War or Civil War era. :laughing7:

I still have my first spoon, I haven't hunted in months. I'd better fire up the detector again.

Kimbrough said:
TnMountains said:
Way to go KimBro

Take care,
TnMountains

I am a real whiz when it comes to research. If there is something I just gotta figure out, I won't let it go 'til it's done - my wife just rolls her eyes.

If you like research check the what is it section and solve some of the tough ones. Here is one that I like

http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,58818.0.html

Take care
TnMtns

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back