Too cold, too hot, just right.

chopper

Aug 6, 2007
La Grange, TN
Detector(s) used
Whites
I've been exploring this 50 acre track for the last week or two. I hit the fields first with some success but the beeps weren't coming quick enough so I moved to the woods to the north of the pond. (I'll get back to the fields one of these days) Way too many beeps down under the bodark trees, the incessant iron chatter was unnerving after a while, lots of good finds but I can only take the noise in small doses.

So today I roamed to the South side of the pond, right up against the tracks. The elevation was about 30 feet higher than the pond and the iron field. The view north was incredible and wished I'd had my camera. The field is long and fairly narrow, wooded, flat, and there's very little modern debris. Most importantly, every other high signal was something decent. First find was this pulled bullet, anyone recognize it?

101E2544.jpg

A little while later I found the Infantry cuff, then a couple more bullets, 2 more worn out eagles, and these other items. From the time I found this spot I had about 40 minutes, on my way to the track I dug the scabbard tip finial. Now I'm ready to grid and work this 2 acre section dry!

101E2550.jpg
101E2561.jpg
101E2564.jpg

A few days ago I found this fishing weight by the pond. Does this thing look like a manufactured weight or hand made? I saw some fishing weights crafted from bullets on display the other day, was hoping this might be one.

101E2557.jpg
101E2556.jpg

My wife's gonna honor the bet she lost months ago and come detecting with me on Thursday (for the first time). Watch her find my sword belt plate!!

Upvote 0

ringfinder

Silver Member
Nov 9, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 5000, X-Terra 70, Garret Infinium, Tesorro Tiger Shark, ACE 250, Nautilus DMC 2B, Fisher 1235
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, I can't believe no one has posted a comment on your post. Fantastic finds. What kind of
Whites are you using? Are you hunting in all metal? Just wondered, I have a Whites XLT and am planning
on using it for my backup at DIV X, in Va. in a few weeks. There are lots of guys who hunt at
DIV, that are using the Whites. My main detector is going to be the F-75, but I wouldn't leave home
without my Whites XLT with a SunRay Probe attached.

Better watch out, my hunting partner's wife hunts with him using a ACE 250 and she smokes
him almost all the time. He must have 10 different detectors.

HH, Ringfinder

OP
OP
chopper

chopper

Aug 6, 2007
La Grange, TN
Detector(s) used
Whites
Nick Pappagiorgio said:
chopper ...

I call that just RIGHTEOUS ... :thumbsup:

Continue to Persevere ~ Nick
DD-777 said:
Fantastic digs Chopper!!! Can't wait to see what else you pull out of that field - Congrats... :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Thanks guys, I'm hoping I can get another hour out there today.
ringfinder said:
Wow, I can't believe no one has posted a comment on your post. Fantastic finds. What kind of
Whites are you using? Are you hunting in all metal? Just wondered, I have a Whites XLT and am planning
on using it for my backup at DIV X, in Va. in a few weeks. There are lots of guys who hunt at
DIV, that are using the Whites. My main detector is going to be the F-75, but I wouldn't leave home
without my Whites XLT with a SunRay Probe attached.

Better watch out, my hunting partner's wife hunts with him using a ACE 250 and she smokes
him almost all the time. He must have 10 different detectors.

HH, Ringfinder

Thanks Ringfinder, I've got a MXT and I stay in the "relics" mode. Good luck at the DIV X hunt.

Chopper

Old_Okie

Jun 14, 2007
NIce finds. Work that pasture good. Your fishing weight is a commercially made one. Used to use a lot of that type weight.

Old_Okie

Hutch911

May 19, 2008
Linden, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX5000, Whites MXT, Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Way to go Chopper keep it up! I have not been out in a few weeks the fields I hunt need cut still plus I am in the middle of moving I am having withdrawls good fix thanks! Nice buttons the pulled bullet looks like a cleaner what does the bottom look like

Hutch

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Chopper,
Congrats on some super CW finds. :thumbsup:
I thought that third picture down was a carved bullet chess piece. :icon_scratch:
That sinker I believe is a real sinker. I remember that style.
Super digs. Be sure to take the battery out of your wifes detector until you have found all of the good stuff. :o ;D :wink:
-MM-

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Chopper the Infantry Cuff is Awesome.....And I did see a roundball that look's to be pulled too??? I know the feeling of having a place for some CW relic's and it's a good one.Hopefully "Momma" WILL come up with the Belt Plate just to make it that much much better :thumbsup: As alway's Great Dig's.......As for the fishing weight,it does have that Patina going on.....Wouldn't want to tell you yes or no!!!!~Take Care :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread