Tenderfoot
Jan 21, 2015
Long Island, NY
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ground like concrete!

So I'm new to this site but it's the only place to vent my frustrations! Finally after doing a thorough research I bought a White's Coinmaster GT and got it at a good discount at the metal detecting shop I bought it from is closing after 25 years!
After owning a crappy Bounty Hunter model that was basically just a "meter reader" I got the machine I really wanted but not the weather!!
I live on Long Island and yes there are the beaches if you don't mind dressing like an eskimo :sadsmiley:, but I'm mainly one for the woods. I got a mini pick ax from Home Depot and a great hand shovel with serrated edges both for 25 bucks...couldn't beat it. After picking away at the ground in a few spots today it was like mining Mt. Rushmore....LoL Can't wait for spring. Haven't gotten any snow yet but man that soil is like rock!
Well it's a pleasure to make everyone's acquaintance with and look forward to reading some useful tips and advice down the dirt road!

Sincerely,
Maddigger1

MuckyBottles

Bronze Member
Jun 19, 2013
Bone Valley, Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I'm new to this site but it's the only place to vent my frustrations! Finally after doing a thorough research I bought a White's Coinmaster GT and got it at a good discount at the metal detecting shop I bought it from is closing after 25 years!
After owning a crappy Bounty Hunter model that was basically just a "meter reader" I got the machine I really wanted but not the weather!!
I live on Long Island and yes there are the beaches if you don't mind dressing like an eskimo :sadsmiley:, but I'm mainly one for the woods. I got a mini pick ax from Home Depot and a great hand shovel with serrated edges both for 25 bucks...couldn't beat it. After picking away at the ground in a few spots today it was like mining Mt. Rushmore....LoL Can't wait for spring. Haven't gotten any snow yet but man that soil is like rock!
Well it's a pleasure to make everyone's acquaintance with and look forward to reading some useful tips and advice down the dirt road!

Sincerely,
Maddigger1

Whites are solid machines, my first machine was a whites and it never disappointed..good luck on strong island.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread