What's new

Too hot to detect??

DIGDIG

Full Member
Joined
Nov 23, 2009
Messages
190
Reaction score
41
Golden Thread
0
Location
Space Coast/Florida
Detector(s) used
WHITES SURF P.I.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anyone else getting this heatwave?
Friday and Saturday this week will have a heat index of 105-115 degrees here in New Jersey and I believe other states are hit with it as well. I may have to take a break and let it pass.
 
see.....
 

Attachments

  • heat wave.webp
    heat wave.webp
    13.1 KB · Views: 302
  • heat wave.webp
    heat wave.webp
    13.1 KB · Views: 310
  • heat wave.webp
    heat wave.webp
    13.1 KB · Views: 309
Yes....and it kicks my ass every time I try to detect.
 
Farscape said:
Yes....and it kicks my ass every time I try to detect.
Your not alone, I wilt pretty quick. :tongue3:
 
I been trying to wait until the sun goes low and hunt the last hour of sunlight.
 
See that 107,That's where I,m at,don't like sweat in my eyes,dust caked arms,soaked clothes,think I'll hunt in the lake for a spell!!!!God Bless HH Chris
 

Attachments

  • 021.webp
    021.webp
    44.8 KB · Views: 368
I am glad to be down here away from all that ,drink plenty of fluids and sit in the shade. Sad that a guy in the tropics says its too hot up there !
 
38 c or 118 f here today, just way too hot plus the dirt is hard like cement. been trying beach with only clad to be found
 
:icon_thumright:

I posted a few days ago on this heatwave....asking if anyone else is going nocturnal (as I have recently been working nights) - I was out last Sunday night till about 5 am. found clad, but didn't die from heat...if your going at night, headlamps rock, bring plenty of bug stuff- the mosquitoes ate me alive! it was a nice cool 66F out- muggy and hot tonight after 96 degrees today here in PA (just south of Binghamton NY) - I still plan on going out someplace soon, as I can find someplace where I won't get in trouble for being there after dusk! :)
 
Welcome to Texas,it's been over a 100 degrees for the last 2 months now and with NO RAIN :icon_scratch: :help:
 
Yea man been in the 100's with the heat index up here and HUMID!!!!! I been going in the mornings, like 7am to 11 am, its better then but where i been going there are soooooo many damn skeeter.....35% deet barely works.
 
Yes to HOT is right! Welcome to Texas. Although It's been Hot everywhere lately. Come on fall.
 
Go west young man, go west. Here on the west coast it's in the 70's with no humidity. It's nice and cool near the ocean and can get a little chilly with the wind blowing. Hate to rub it in! :tongue3:
 
Ah sorry man -I'd rather be warm then deal with the crazy laws in Cali :P...no thanks... :dontknow:

on a good note I did some CRH'ing this weekend- it's worth looking in to... just like you never know till you dig, same deal. (I like money!!!)..after all have to do something while it's too hot to hunt. :)
 
Yeah way too hot for me. I have a beautiful old 1800's place to detect never been there out in middle of no where, but can't go because of the heat.
 
Come on you guys. I'm 73 and I hit 3 beaches last week. It was only 90, but that sea breeze made it tolerable. Of course I had to take a break every 4 hours! Now back home and after I change the oil in my MH I am going to hit a couple of acers in the shady areas. Suppose to only hit high 80's. Frank
 
I live in Florida, so we're used to high tempatures and humidity that create a massive heat index. But at least we get the winter where weather is darn near perfect.

It's not right that you folks up north have to put up with extreme heat and cold.

I feel for you. :'(
 
Yes it is hot here in Ohio also. The ground is so hard you can not dig in it. So I have turned to water detecting for the next month or so......Matt
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom