LJ
Silver Member
- Joined
- Dec 23, 2006
- Messages
- 3,469
- Reaction score
- 19
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Primary Interest:
- All Treasure Hunting
from work that is....ha! Actually I had an appointment this morning so I just took the whole day off to do a little bank hopping in the morning and my regular box pickup in the afternoon.
I called a few banks last week in a sleepy little three bank town. One had $1300, another had $300 and the last bank would only sell me $300. I was leery about the $1300 bank. Anyway, I went to this town this morning after my appointment and bought them all.
The $1300 bank produced nothing....someones rejects. The teller put all $1300 into one Santa Claus size canvas sack. I'm thinking how in the heck am I going to carry this thing to my car?? I always have a few extra smaller canvas bags in my car so I went out to my car and grabbed two and split it up.
Of the other two banks one was great and the other was pretty good. These two were almost across the street from each other. I picked up the $300 from each bank and started towards home. Once I got settled on the road I started opening these hand rolls.
The very first roll I pull out of this bag from one of the $300 banks was solid Franklin's and Walkers. Sixteen Franklin's and four Walkers!! Visions of Tim's Benjamania swirled in my head......also AW's $40 roll of the same. With 29 rolls to go I thought...could it be??
Well, as quick as the vision appeared...it disappeared after the 2nd and 3rd roll.....clad. But I did manage to pull 4 more solid rolls of silver from the balance.....that was an exciting 5 full rolls.....I just love that!!! The other bank produced pretty good but nothing like the first one.
I got back to town cashed in and picked up 4 boxes. I got alot of casino halves again in these boxes and they prodcued pretty good as well.
To end the day, I cashed in the rejects from the four boxes and picked up 3 boxes of dimes for this evening......4 keepers. All in all, it was a fun and exciting day......
The totals.....
9-64's
5-65's
19-66's
40-67's
43-68's
26-69's
16 Franklin's: 49-S,51-S,53-D, 3x54-D, 57, 2x60-D, 2x61-D, 62-D, 4x63-D
4 Walkers: 41-D, 41-S, 44-S & 45-S
4 Dimes: 51, 2x64 & 64-D
166 Keepers
The first picture is the 5 full rolls of silver from that one bank.
I called a few banks last week in a sleepy little three bank town. One had $1300, another had $300 and the last bank would only sell me $300. I was leery about the $1300 bank. Anyway, I went to this town this morning after my appointment and bought them all.
The $1300 bank produced nothing....someones rejects. The teller put all $1300 into one Santa Claus size canvas sack. I'm thinking how in the heck am I going to carry this thing to my car?? I always have a few extra smaller canvas bags in my car so I went out to my car and grabbed two and split it up.
Of the other two banks one was great and the other was pretty good. These two were almost across the street from each other. I picked up the $300 from each bank and started towards home. Once I got settled on the road I started opening these hand rolls.
The very first roll I pull out of this bag from one of the $300 banks was solid Franklin's and Walkers. Sixteen Franklin's and four Walkers!! Visions of Tim's Benjamania swirled in my head......also AW's $40 roll of the same. With 29 rolls to go I thought...could it be??
Well, as quick as the vision appeared...it disappeared after the 2nd and 3rd roll.....clad. But I did manage to pull 4 more solid rolls of silver from the balance.....that was an exciting 5 full rolls.....I just love that!!! The other bank produced pretty good but nothing like the first one. I got back to town cashed in and picked up 4 boxes. I got alot of casino halves again in these boxes and they prodcued pretty good as well.
To end the day, I cashed in the rejects from the four boxes and picked up 3 boxes of dimes for this evening......4 keepers. All in all, it was a fun and exciting day......
The totals.....
9-64's
5-65's
19-66's
40-67's
43-68's
26-69's
16 Franklin's: 49-S,51-S,53-D, 3x54-D, 57, 2x60-D, 2x61-D, 62-D, 4x63-D
4 Walkers: 41-D, 41-S, 44-S & 45-S
4 Dimes: 51, 2x64 & 64-D
166 Keepers
The first picture is the 5 full rolls of silver from that one bank.
Attachments
Upvote
0







