Took out an old friend today

marjam

Nov 17, 2012
Went out for a couple of hours today. Got some clad and also a pleasant surprise, a 1942 merc. I hadn't used the f70 in a long time and wanted to see how much clad it would find. I didn't expect this at the site i was hunting. It was down about 7 inches. 20171126_125917_HDR-1.jpg

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

Very nice and good depth! Great job.

Congrats on the Merc !! I am a fairly new user of the F70 but have really enjoyed it.

Thanks. I hadn't found a silver with it in a good while due to the etrac getting most of my attention when I get a chance to go. The F70 is a very capable machine, proven once again by the day it had. The weather and now the flu have kept me in and this weekend in my area was nice. I hope to be well for next weekend and if the weather continues to cooperate, will be at it again.

Nice dig! I noticed the mercs I've dug with that dark tarnish on them ring up funky on the numbers. Usually lower for me.

I don't know what coil you run on the f70 but put a 12" coil that starts with N++ the sky's the limit. No China's the limit. I'll bet it would be deep. I know because I run the Tornado on my F75. In Jewelry mode it's a killer. Good luck to ya.

Thanks. I run the 11 inch dd f75 coil. Its gets good depth and still separates really well. I may have to look at the coil you mentioned. I have one from that company on my etrac, the tornado, and it works well.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back