Took the Deus2 back to a hunted hard site!

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Decided to get a little more swinging in with this new update. I went to an older home that’s been very giving that was built in 1907.
I’ve kind of got to liking Sensitive Full Tones . I dropped the reactivity to 1.5 and increased the Sensitivity to 94. I also
Just lowered the volumes of all but the last 2 high end frequency segments to a volume of 4. Left the 2 high segments at the far right volume set at 10. I also dropped the frequency to 14.5hz to avoid excess foil if any.
I was just learning how it was hitting, so I was digging iffy signals just to see what they were. The only 2 solid signals I got were the Buffalo Nickel at 8”, and the lid piece that has a patent of 5-25-1915.
It was a little hard to believe that I missed a Buffalo Nickel, but You never know . Either way I was impressed at how the new software worked for Me. And Sensitivity FT is super nice to set up for coin shooting.
Thanks for looking and
IMG_4495.jpeg
Happy Hunting!!!
IMG_4497.jpeg
IMG_4498.jpeg
IMG_4496.jpeg
IMG_4499.jpeg
IMG_4500.jpeg

I also forgot to post this larger thing. It was in a different pocket because of its size. Any ideas as to what this may be is Much appreciated!!!! Thanks In advance!!! vhs07 Solved it!! It’s part of an old mortise lock. Cool!!
IMG_4501.jpeg
IMG_4502.jpeg

Last edited:
Upvote 18

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Good that it sniffed out the Buffalo nickel.
I'm hoping they'll figure out the falseing issue.
Besides that it sure can sniff the targets out of an iron site.

OP
OP
Digger RJ

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I noticed it falsing a bit also on deep iron nails, but it would only throw a high tone scrambled from one direction. Swinging the opposite direction I’d get the iron grunt. I dug them just to see, but am sure I’d be safe just not digging those signals like that at all.
Both items I posted were good signals. They locked on both ways and the new numbers stayed in the Nickel range. Holding closer to 58, while jumping between 57-61.

KSDirtfisher77

Jun 26, 2022
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Whites V3I
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I dont own a deus ii but look up Deus 2 V1.10 multi-nail test 02 on youtube. I think you deus owners might like it. Short & sweet video. It's by saving local history.
I noticed it falsing a bit also on deep iron nails, but it would only throw a high tone scrambled from one direction. Swinging the opposite direction I’d get the iron grunt. I dug them just to see, but am sure I’d be safe just not digging those signals like that at all.
Both items I posted were good signals. They locked on both ways and the new numbers stayed in the Nickel range. Holding closer to 58, while jumping between 57-61.

OP
OP
Digger RJ

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I dont own a deus ii but look up Deus 2 V1.10 multi-nail test 02 on youtube. I think you deus owners might like it. Short & sweet video. It's by saving local history.
Ok I’ll check it out. Thanks!!

OP
OP
Digger RJ

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Checked it out!! Nice!!!😁

grasshopper

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2007
Upstate NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus/Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice, I'm liking that program too. I've found that the "falsing" is pretty obvious for the deep iron like you said, one direction is a solid low grunt. However I'm amazed how often it happens. I'll get a great sound on the first swing then it immediately gets worse swinging over it again.

The coins I've been finding at previously hunted sites are usually solid one way and not quite as "irony" the other (but still not great sounding).

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread