Montgomery, Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ 800
BH Land Ranger Pro
Vulcan 360 pinpointer
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't normally post pics of what I've found but today was one of those days. Some good clad and a good bit of junk but found my first token( not a good one but still a token) 1936 wheat, and a 1963 Canadian penny( this one was a big surprise, I live in Alabama) ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1454029589.285717.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1454029601.233524.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1454029616.034809.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1454029630.736845.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1454029644.305514.jpg

Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex, Land Ranger Pro, Quick Draw Pro, Deteknix XPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's a nice bit of history. Are you understanding the LRP better? Practice makes perfect. And it's soooo light.

OP
OP
tjarrett

tjarrett

Jan 14, 2016
Montgomery, Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ 800
BH Land Ranger Pro
Vulcan 360 pinpointer
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Getting the hang of it.. Didn't use AM that much today and passed up a lot of foil/5c hits. Haven't dug anything good when it hits on both. And I want to thank you for the help.

Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nickels are a bit tricky on the LRP (same with the F22 and F44). The LRP hits harder in the silver range than gold range. If you hold down the MODE button, the LRP goes into the AM mode as long as you hold the button down. On possible nickel hits, you can get a clearer ID with this one touch method. The ID still works in AM mode (rather than displaying depth as in the PP mode).

Like ANY detector, it takes some time to understand and know what it's saying. The more you use it, the more it will surprise you.

OP
OP
tjarrett

tjarrett

Jan 14, 2016
Montgomery, Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ 800
BH Land Ranger Pro
Vulcan 360 pinpointer
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah the only nickel I dug hit a solid 34, anything I've dug with a nickel/foil reading turns out to be the foil that's seals drinks... Lol no fun digging those

Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
20-60 is the gold range and where the most junk resides in (less iron). All detectors have issues there. I can't tell you how many times a gold necklace or ring showed up under foil, tabs and the like. Good targets can easily have the same signature as junk targets, It's why we move around targets, use AM, lift and lower the coil, and listen for anomalies in the sound to get a clearer picture in our minds. And why everyone says, "when in doubt, dig". When you see someone have a good day in a pic, some don't show you all the trash they dug as well, some do.

OP
OP
tjarrett

tjarrett

Jan 14, 2016
Montgomery, Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ 800
BH Land Ranger Pro
Vulcan 360 pinpointer
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll have to give that a try and start listening a little closer... I guess it's back to digging everything just in case, man I have a lot to learn

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread