Dec 14, 2005
OP
OP
P

PaulM

Tenderfoot
Dec 14, 2005
Hi Don,
Thanks for the reply.. I was really starting to think this was a secret squirrels club. I am just looking for wrecks that might have
been involved in major battles or been the first to do this or that.. Not really a treasure rich type significance. World War I or II
would be good but I would not want to limit the list to those eras. The only criteria is that they are at this point unfound and in
2000 meters or less of water and be in the South Pacific, Med or Caribbean.

Again, thanks for any help

PaulM

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Paul:

I suggest your quest is too broad; and you have not defined the criteria for ''historical significance'. "Historical significance' is a relative term, and many differing definitions of that term would be offered by those on this list.

The more specific you are in your request, the greater chance you have of receiving the specific information you seek. Again, 'limiting' your area to both world wars and three of the largest bodies of water in the world is not going to get you more than passing attention (totally my opinion alone).

Also, while many sources may state a particular wreck is yet to be found, others may know the wreck has been found, and for a myriad of reasons chose not to disclose that fact.

As an example, over 1,000 German U-Boats were lost during WW II. Would you consider each of them of "historic significance"--or just 'some'. If 'some', what is your criteria?
Get my drift?
All the best,
Don......

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Paulm,
this is a squirrells club,you just have to act like one.

my pet squirrell,she says merry xmas to everyone.

Attachments

• santa81.jpg
    santa81.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 351
  • santa81.jpg
    santa81.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 349

mariner

Apr 4, 2005
Fisheye,

Looks like an ideal first mate for that new boat of yours !

Happy holidays to everybody.

Mariner

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread