What's new

Tornado/ Severe Thunderstorm Warning for my Area Now

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
⛭ Moderator
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2003
Messages
96,948
Reaction score
76,426
Golden Thread
2
🥇 Banner finds
1
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If I last through the next Half hour I should be good :tongue3:

Still dry here but I can Hear & Smell it.

Allot of talk of trees down & power Outages on the Scanner & TV


Untitled.webp
 
good luck Jeff! We have some strange winds here SE of you. They said possible large hail and damaging winds. We had golf ball sized hail on May 23rd - whole parking lots sustained major damage to cars. Some were totaled. Hope you make out alright with the storm!
 
Last edited:
wow that quite a temp drop. Hope it's fast moving!
 
I think I can open my Front door :tongue3:

I don't know what Pea Soup looks like,
but Air is as thick as can be in here :laughing7:
 
Stay safe Jeff!! There are now two rain fronts one in front of the other, hope they have passed you!

Ocean 7- you are a TH'er for sure! Just how big were those gold balls of hail!
 
thanks ! everything is now east of me

anyone want a pot-O-Gold ? I see a place to detect to the north :laughing7:

Untitled.webp
 
Last edited:
What's rain? I was pretty young when we used to get it here...
 
I am seeing a repeat of the 1970’s here in Nevada
 
Looks like it going to pay a visit us in the NE. Some of the same places that had tornado, and straight line winds last go round.

It probably won't make it to the Mass coast, we need the rain!

We had a double rainbow a month back...I didn't find a thing, darn it!!!!
 
If you see my ex-wife on a bicycle riding by, don't let her in.

The dog, yes- her, no...
 
Hey Jeff, last week we had storms around so I am up in my bedroom studying for a test and my cell phone start going off like crazy saying "Tornado warning seek shelter", so since I still have a Florida number, I am thinking that Tallahassee has some bad storms going on and I am going to go see on my laptop. I get up and take 2 steps and glance out my bedroom window and "Holy crap" I am looking straight at a TORNADO !!!! Then all the alarms go off like crazy, the TV warning, the city siren, the house alarm for bad weather, everything at one time! I was stunned to say the least! To make a short story, I watched it, took some pictures and was enthralled by it. Couldn't tell what way it was going, but it wasn't getting closer. Come to find out it was 13 miles west of Cheyenne here and never actually touched down fully. But what a sight! I know...I know...I was suppose to go get in the basement. But like I said, it was not getting closer. The picture that I took did not even come close to what it really looked like. They were through the screen in the window. But just like on TV, it was so thick, black and whirling around. It was out on the prairie, no destruction. Captivating from a distance. Be safe in those storms!
 
Hope your awight Jeff fa fa!
We don't want nothin' to happen to your post count!
Kidding of course...
Get in the cellar!
 
just back from a 5 hour power outage. 8-1:00am As soon as storm reached us here, the power went out. *L*
 
Ocean 7- you are a TH'er for sure! Just how big were those gold balls of hail!

I wondered what the heck you were you talking about until I saw the typo. *L* Yeah we wish!
 
Hey Jeff, last week we had storms around so I am up in my bedroom studying for a test and my cell phone start going off like crazy saying "Tornado warning seek shelter", so since I still have a Florida number, I am thinking that Tallahassee has some bad storms going on and I am going to go see on my laptop. I get up and take 2 steps and glance out my bedroom window and "Holy crap" I am looking straight at a TORNADO !!!! Then all the alarms go off like crazy, the TV warning, the city siren, the house alarm for bad weather, everything at one time! I was stunned to say the least! To make a short story, I watched it, took some pictures and was enthralled by it. Couldn't tell what way it was going, but it wasn't getting closer. Come to find out it was 13 miles west of Cheyenne here and never actually touched down fully. But what a sight! I know...I know...I was suppose to go get in the basement. But like I said, it was not getting closer. The picture that I took did not even come close to what it really looked like. They were through the screen in the window. But just like on TV, it was so thick, black and whirling around. It was out on the prairie, no destruction. Captivating from a distance. Be safe in those storms!

Yea I don't imagine I would run for shelter either.
worst case Scenario, I believe I would quickly crouch in the hallway between rooms here.
if I felt things flying apart around me. But hopefully I never need to test that theory.
 
Lol! Ya I think we are all safe from that one, but it's a nice thought!

Not picking on you O7 couldn't help myself! I was reading it and the word GOLD popped out at me :laughing7: you know how that goes!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom