Tot Lot Finds/changed my name from Eileena to HaveFaith

HaveFaith

Apr 4, 2007
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Prizm II, White's PI Pro, Sov. GT
Hello all, hope everyone is happy, healthy and safe!!! Idid 3 hunts this week at various tot lots. I didn't find much clad, 4$. I went to a tot lot that has 2 good size areas. For the first time, I saw another detectorist. He was in his late 50's to mid 60's, so I decided to go to the other lot on the opposite side of the school. He was already at that lot. He left litlle pock marks all over the place, I always make sure I cover pock marks and any holes. He cleaned up on the finds, but he also missed some. I found a gold bracelet, and a silver sketchers girl charm. The bracelet has no markings, so I guess it is junk. Same with the charm. I also found 3 quarters, 4 dimes, and 2 nickels. I found the bracelet in P/P mode. There was no readout in regular mode, so I am glad I had it in P/P. After I finished with this lot I went to the other lot. What a mess!!! He cleaned up the clad for sure, but there was holes and pock marks everywhere. >:( Of course I filled in the holes, and kicked the chips over the pock marks. I have never had a problem MD'ing anywhere and I inyend to keep it that way. I always check the foil readout because you never know what you are going to find, but this guy didn't like the foil readout, wonder if he finds rings and things? I wish I had gotten there earlier!!

My fav finds are the bracelet, and the lady pirate earring. HH!!

Attachments

• totlotfinds.JPG
    totlotfinds.JPG
    50.7 KB · Views: 447
  • charmbracelet.JPG
    charmbracelet.JPG
    42.7 KB · Views: 450
  • 1956wheat.JPG
    1956wheat.JPG
    44.8 KB · Views: 445
  • rev1956.JPG
    rev1956.JPG
    46.3 KB · Views: 444
  • tokens.JPG
    tokens.JPG
    49.9 KB · Views: 439
Upvote 0
OP
OP
HaveFaith

HaveFaith

Apr 4, 2007
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
1 more. HaveFaith

Attachments

• ladypirate.JPG
    ladypirate.JPG
    38.2 KB · Views: 435
R

RUDY2003

Great job of clean-up....

Love the pirate ear ring....

Keep safe...

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
hate hole leavers---they screw it up for everyone else---most likey he was "speedy" coin shooting only---might still find gold behind him depending how fast was he going and what his machine was "set" for ---gold seeking folks tend to move slower --coin only types move much faster in and out--

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Explorer II, Xterra30, Whites Prizm IV
so what do you do in a case like this? Do you approach and explain in a polite manner what he is doing wrong? I mean playing devils advocate here but maybe he doesn't realize what he is doing. I have filled in holes that other people left and I am happy to do it if it keeps me having a place to go. What is the best course of action?

Prober

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
West Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's M6, Bullseye II, Ace250
I get tired of fixing other peoples holes too, but we have to do it if we want to be able to metal detect at all. Nice finds you got there. I think Sketchers is a brand of girls sneakers; I've found several of those little charms, I think they come on the sneakers.
Love the skull & cross bones earring...you should punch a hole in your ear and wear it when you are treasure hunting... ;D

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
if he cared he'd cover his holes ---all metal detectorist know to do it ---some do --others are slobs--guess which group this guy belongs to------all that you'd get from speaking to the the old buzzard is a odd stare from him for hunting "his" spots and telling him what to do at best --- to be told to f---off at worse---cover them up and keep moving --maybe hunt somewhat close him and cover a few of his holes in plain veiw--- if he sees you he might take a "hint"---I doubt it but its worth a try---- sadly slob hunters "holes" get good places posted as "off limits" in a hurry in many cases---Ivan

piggman1

Silver Member
Apr 7, 2007
Austin, TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum, Compass X-100, Whites Beach Hunter ID, 2 Whites Spectrum XLT's
I don't have any problem at telling someone to cover their holes. What are they going to do, leave? Great job on the finds.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
that works for me too but I'm 6"1" and 390 and your big fella too ---folks ain't very likely to get mean with us for fear of a grade "A" butt whipping ---with a gal or small guy they might get "in your face" nasty or at the very least quite rude--or even worse want to "fight" about it---Ivan

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Explorer II, Xterra30, Whites Prizm IV
I almost always go with someone when detecting and I am 6'2" 285. I would have no problems approaching someone and trying to explain to them what they are doing wrong. You never know, it is very easy to buy a detector and not everyone reads the posts. My sister bought a detector and went out the other day with it. She was in a hurry and when I showed up to see what she was finding I noticed about 15 holes not filled I explained to her why this was not a good thing and that it could get all detectorists banned from the property. She was in too big a hurry to listen. Luckily I am her BIG brother and I took away her machine until she went back and filled in the holes! lol ;D wouldn't try that with a stranger though.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
most of the time you can't make folks do the right thing --either they do it because they know to do the right thing and do it (thinking and caring folks) or they know but simply don't care and will not do it (me first and last --the heck with the rest)----I call it it the two "veiws" of life in a nutshell---Ivan

OP
OP
HaveFaith

HaveFaith

Apr 4, 2007
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Thanx for your replies all. I really appreciate it. I can't make anyone do anything, but if a kid gets hurt because this guy won't cover his holes, and I get banned because of someone who doesn't care, I will be very upset. If I see this guy again detecting I will "TRY" to explain. I will go as far as I can, including the principle to explain the situation, it's not me leaving holes. I don't want to go that route, but I am not going to be kicked out for something I did not do. Obviously I can't do anything now that school is out, but I can say something to him, if I get my ass beat, so be it. That will be a whole new ball game.

HaveFaith

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread