Towle Maple Products

undertaker

May 26, 2006
Green Mountains of Vermont
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 and Whites Bullseye II Pinpointer
Picked up this bottle the other day. I've live in Vermont all my life and never seen one before. Most older syrup containers I remember were usually tin. Caught my eye and was priced right so I had to have it. Seen some on line but no time line. Does anyone know the approximate time period these where produced. Im guessing 20s-30s because of the light purpling of the glass. Did it have a crown top?

Attachments

• IMG_7983.JPG
    IMG_7983.JPG
    77.2 KB · Views: 172
I can't make out the lip finish . . . it could be a crown lip from the angle presented.
I am curious about the suggestion of [19]20s-30s based on light purpling of the glass. I thought that WWI ended the use of manganese dioxide as a decolorizer, and that it was not used again as it was before. Have you other information?

Let's see a picture of the base, and the top part of the bottle.

I'm with Harry on this one. The posted Towle bottle is circa 1905. Later Towle bottles are clear and unpaneled. And shorter.

Last edited:
It looks blown from here. If not it's gotta be early machine!

Could be blown but without further pictures it's hard to say. My best guess is early machine, circa 1910-15

Last edited:
Here's a top pic and base pic.

Attachments

• IMG_7985.JPG
    IMG_7985.JPG
    46.6 KB · Views: 112
  • IMG_8012.JPG
    IMG_8012.JPG
    66.7 KB · Views: 125
Yep, it's blown, tooled crown finish, cup bottom-mould. 1900s like Harry Pristis said. Cool bottle!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back