What's new

Toy skillet?

BluffHunter

Greenie
Joined
Dec 5, 2015
Messages
19
Reaction score
44
Golden Thread
0
Location
Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
IMG_20151206_133156808.webpIMG_20151206_133205606.webpIMG_20151206_094522349.webp

Found these items in my backyard yesterday and today. Found some newer change too but didn't want to post it. Anyone have any idea what the "skillet" looking thing is? Posting one more pick for size reference. There are no markings that I can see and it appears to be made of cast iron. The penny is a 1943 btw and I think the wings are some kind of air crew wings. Nothing special but I had fun digging them.

IMG_20151206_135129108.webp
 
Upvote 14
Have a skillet just like that one I found here in Mena Arkansas......mine was in about the same shape.....don't know any info on it....mine didn't have any writing or anything on it....just a small Barbie sized skillet.....HH and GB
 
Cool, I thought that's what it was but I'm not experienced at identifying these things. Thanks for the reply.
 
Are there any marks on your wings? Is it silver? You can put your frying pan in distilled vinegar leave it in there for days untill it turns color, then keep soaking it after a week or two it will eat all the rust away leaving a clean pan to oil up.
Nice finds!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom