Jan 27, 2015
Morris County, NJ
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi everyone! I visited one of the farms I detect at today but there was a "private party" in the pumpkin patch (where I've found 1700's coins and buttons), so the farm owner invited me to detect near his house which was built in the late 1800's to replace the one that was in the pumpkin patch.
I only had about an hour to detect, but in that time I found a few house relics (part of a window latch, some sort of brass decorative item that looks like the top of a lamp) and a 1929 wheat penny. But the two interesting things I found were toy-related.

The first one is something I need some help on, and I realize this is a long-shot. It looks like it's part of a tin vehicle, a wheel well that broke off the main vehicle, and the rubber (?) tire is somehow still attached to it even though I would have expected it to rot away. Does anyone recognize this piece of a toy vehicle by chance?

The second item is much easier to identify, though it is apparently a pretty rare piece: a Renwal USA two-tone metal pickup truck (just the upper frame; the bottom with the wheels is missing). I did some research and learned that Renwal was most known for hard plastic toys, and these die cast metal vehicles (6" long) were very uncommon. This one has #8011, and in one online listing I found a Renwal Jeep model 8010 and a Delivery Truck, so apparently there was a whole series of these vehicles.

Thanks for looking!

The piece of a toy vehicle (front/back):
KS6WDg3.jpghDSc65B.jpg

The Renwal:
NvQmBX0.jpg
nIjVgPe.jpg
CxTS4jQ.jpg

From an online listing (including 3 Renwal's):
ZbHihO9.jpg

Upvote 13
Nice finds and research! :occasion14:

The way the axle from the wheel comes through the body, I think that would be from a tin train, all the vehicles I looked at only the train had wheels attached through the body.

Great post great finds and info keep em coming

Nice finds, congrats! :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back